Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts
06:06 PM on 02/14/14
allysmannequin
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hello everyone! Unfortunately I don't currently live near my family and my friends are mostly out of town tonight. Its been a lonely day but I'm glad to be here with you all now <3
06:16 PM on 02/14/14
allysmannequin
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hey there allysmannequin! Thank you so much for joining us tonight! We're glad you're here as well. How is everything going?
Things are okay. Thanks for asking. I recently started having some issues with depression again but I was able to ask for help. I had my first session in a while today and I actually feel pretty good about it :) How are you?
06:21 PM on 02/14/14
allysmannequin
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Also on another note, Jamie that Valentine's day blog that you posted is amazing. I read it a few years ago but seeing it again is such a great reminder. I'm in college and it so happened that 2 of my roommates are dealing with tough breakups this week and I showed them the blog and they wanted me to tell you how much reading that blog helped them. Thanks for everything you all do. Every one of my posts tonight are filled with thanks for you guys. Like I said in an earlier post, I wouldn't be here, I wouldn't be on the track toward recovery, and I certainly wouldn't be this hopeful about my future if it weren't for all that you guys do. Thanks again:)
I second this. I've read it the past couple of years on Valentines Day and its really helped me. I also shared it with some of my college buddies today and it was really helpful. I'm so thankful we are all here together on the road to recovery.
06:32 PM on 02/14/14
allysmannequin
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Just a question to anyone who has dealt with this kind of stuff: how have you kept on track with your recovery? I'm in the beginning stages of mine, and I know it's really difficult so I'm just wondering what were the keys, if any, in helping you get better?
At first, there are going to be a lot more hard days than easy. Its a long journey. But look to what you love. When I want to sink farther into the hole, I try to find even a little spot of light to keep me up. Most of the time for me, that is music. I use concerts as mile-markers. I have countdowns on my phone until the next one. I get through the bad days by listening to new albums or thinking about that awesome show I saw last month. Find what you are passionate about. It doesn't have to be music, but something like that. I ended up street teaming for tons of bands and working for my college radio station and eventually getting a part time job at a record label because music is what kept me afloat. Throw yourself into your passion and it will heal you.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos