Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 6 posts.
04:54 PM on 02/14/14
laurenterveen
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
How do you guys deal with having a guy, who you like. But you are not sure where the relationship is at. I've slept with him, and he mostly ignores me. I don't know what to do
05:23 PM on 02/14/14
laurenterveen
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Jamie and staff.

Today I am spending my valentines day with the kids I work with. They all have behavioral issues. The last two weeks have been hard. Emotionally and physically. But what I have learned from my kids and through your organization is this. My kids are not the issues they have. They are children. They deserve for me to show up, love them and get to know them. My kids are not the past, they are the future. They are the people are the going to become. So what I'm saying is that today. I learned more about love than I have in my 24 years of life. So thank you
05:47 PM on 02/14/14
laurenterveen
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Thank you! It's hard going through a lot of transitions at once. I started grad school across the country from my hometown and moved out on my own for the first time ever simultaneously so it's a lot to take in. My depression and anxiety have been through the roof, but the one thing I'm grateful for is you guys. I went to Heavy and Light in ATL last year, and after talking to Jamie and him telling me I was capable of reaching my full potential, I realized there is no place I'd rather be but here in the present and doing what I want with my life. Things may not always go as planned, but I'm hopeful that it'll work out eventually. For anyone struggling with change, everything happens for a reason, and we are where we are because there's something great in our future. Even when I wake up feeling hopeless, I feel blessed just to be alive.

I'm going through the exact same thing. I moved 12 hrs from my family. And I miss them like crazy and have been going through a lot lately. It's hard but I have to keep remembering everything happens for a reason
05:59 PM on 02/14/14
laurenterveen
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
hey! yeah it's definitely tough to see the light at the end of the tunnel sometimes when you're feeling alone, but that's what TWLOHA is for right? Keep your head up, and I'll do the same!

For sure! It's hard but it's worth it. Trust me some days I want to give up. Especially after hard days at work!
06:13 PM on 02/14/14
laurenterveen
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Jamie-

I meet you in grand forks ND. While you were talking all I could think about were the kids I work with. And how there story matters. Today I worked for 16 hrs with them. Let's say it was a long day. But I got to spend a great valentines day. I spent it by loving my kids, and showing them that they matter. I got to end my night by reading a kid two chapters of a book we are reading. He refuses to let anybody else read to him. So I just want to say thank you to TWLOHA for teaching me what love is, and showing people they matter and deserve to be loved and be known.
06:14 PM on 02/14/14
laurenterveen
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The hardest part of Valentine's for me is that I'm almost 21, and I've never been in a relationship... or even on a date, or anything. At all. It's not fun to think about feeling perpetually single on the day when all anyone can talk about is love. In high school, Valentine's was the worst day of the year and I always felt left out when all of my friends with boyfriends and girlfriends got treats delivered to classes and big boxes of chocolates. I think I went home each year crying. It's a lot easier in college because my school doesn't do any Valentine's promotions like student governments and clubs in high schools do, but I can't kick this feeling of being left out. I'm following a "Be Your Own Valentine" philosophy this year, but it'd be nice to have someone in my life! I won't settle with someone just to be in a relationship, but it seems like the universe is against me and is hiding all of the guys who would connect with me!

Girl I totally understand. 24 years and I've never had a relationship. Learn to love your self first. Is what I've learned
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests