Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 9 posts
06:10 PM on 02/14/14
mkphoto
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You guys are fab for doing this. I live just outside of DC and I've been snowed in since yesterday so today hasn't really felt like Valentine's day (except for the 75395 posts on Facebook lol) so it's been a bit bearable. Wish we all could be sitting in a room together maybe eating some chocolate and being anti-v-day together!
06:27 PM on 02/14/14
mkphoto
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I relate to all of this so much.

My antidepressants worked for a while, but lately it's been questionable - just today my psychiatrist and I decided to switch me to a different one. But I don't know what I'm doing with anything, anymore. My motivation to keep fighting has gotten ridiculously low, and it's just really... sad. I feel disconnected from other people, society, everything.

Hey I'm Megan. I know things seem dark right now cause I've been there. I understand all of it and I just want you to know that it is SOO incredibly worth it to keep fighting. I've been out of that dark place for a few years now and it gets so much better. You are stronger than anything and everything that is dragging you down. When you reach the other side of this you will realize just how strong you were the whole time and just how amazing it feels to be alive. Keep fighting and I promise it'll be worth it!
06:44 PM on 02/14/14
mkphoto
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Thanks for joining us from DC! We're in Florida where it's not come even close to a flurry. Can't imagine all that snow! We hope you've found reminders today that you matter, that you are loved.

Hey Lindsay. I'd be more than happy to send some snow down to you all in Florida! Thank you all for doing this tonight!
07:01 PM on 02/14/14
mkphoto
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Thank you so much. i've been trying to reach out, and it's made me impatient, at this point, i guess. There are so many communities i have tried to be a part of, but i've become more of a wanderer between them, instead. Perhaps a lot of that is in my mind, but i can't seem to feel close to anyone again. i've spent my life longing for a best friend - to anyone who has one person that has stuck with them for a long time, i beg you to be grateful, even though i'm sure you are already. i don't know.

Time is a difficult thing to leave alone, and let it do its thing.

Hi Haikit, I sent you a message and I'm here if you want to chat more
07:24 PM on 02/14/14
mkphoto
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i don't see your message? :( thanks though.

I may have done it wrong. This site is a little confusing to me lol. Let me try again
07:30 PM on 02/14/14
mkphoto
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i don't see your message? :( thanks though.
I keep trying to click on the message button but it isn't working.. I wrote a post on your wall on here though
07:42 PM on 02/14/14
mkphoto
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The hardest part of Valentine's for me is that I'm almost 21, and I've never been in a relationship... or even on a date, or anything. At all. It's not fun to think about feeling perpetually single on the day when all anyone can talk about is love. In high school, Valentine's was the worst day of the year and I always felt left out when all of my friends with boyfriends and girlfriends got treats delivered to classes and big boxes of chocolates. I think I went home each year crying. It's a lot easier in college because my school doesn't do any Valentine's promotions like student governments and clubs in high schools do, but I can't kick this feeling of being left out. I'm following a "Be Your Own Valentine" philosophy this year, but it'd be nice to have someone in my life! I won't settle with someone just to be in a relationship, but it seems like the universe is against me and is hiding all of the guys who would connect with me!

I totally know where you are coming from. I'm 24 and I've never had a boyfriend. I've dated one guy and that was when I was 22. Literally all of my friends are in relationships or engaged or even married now. It's hard when everyone around you has the love that you want so badly. For the longest time I was convinced that there was no one out there for me and that I would always be alone. And that to me is so scary. I want a family and kids someday. But I've finally gotten to the point where I know there is someone somewhere out there for me and it will all happen in time and it will all work out eventually. Right now though I would say just hold tight and believe that you are worth the wait. That you are a great person and there is another person out there that will make you an even greater person! But you have to stand strong while you wait! I'm still waiting and hoping and I don't know if you we a religious person, but I believe that God has a perfect person picked out for everyone. And in Him time he will reveal them to you and it will be so worth it! Hang in there girl!!
07:52 PM on 02/14/14
mkphoto
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Good words. i think it's great that you're hopeful and able to encourage other people to have hope (and patience) as well : )

Thanks so much Jamie. I've been so inspired by so so many of your words so that's a huge compliment! You are an amazing writer and I can't wait for the day that book of yours comes out :)
07:58 PM on 02/14/14
mkphoto
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Thank You. Someday. Slowly but surely : )

And I have no doubt it will be absolutely fabulous when finished! Keep on keeping on Jamie!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos