AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 13
Displaying posts 180 - 195 of 482
06:36 PM on 02/14/14
cherry8914
User Info.
This is the first year I've been able to actually do this. Usually I've had work. I just wanted to say thank you because of this organization I found the strength to pull myself out of the dark hole that was threatening to pull me under. I've had my ups and downs over the years, but I've managed.

My question is, how can one deal with family members who tend to make jokes about suicide or brush it under the rug. My family knows my issues with self-harm in the past and still they make jokes and they act like it never happened. Which hurts more than anything.
-Cherokee.
TWLOHAty
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So good to see all these posts!
EASheartsVinyl
User Info.
06:37 PM on 02/14/14
Girlonfire
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So, I lost a friend to suicide this week. She and I are in very similar situations. I am old enough to have experienced the complete rejection of my family... I have a sister 5 years older than I am and we weree best friends for a long time. She has not spoken to me in almost 9 years. It is crazy how the distance and time has affected us. I miss her terribly and I don't really miss my mom, because I never really had a lot going on in that relationship, but I miss the idea of what your mom and dad are supposed to be like. I don't have either. I have been in a relationship for the majority of my adult life, and the man that I really believed I was going to marry very abruptly pulled away from me over the Christmas holiday and chose not to speak to me for almost 6 weeks. I am not so great on the self esteem issue at the moment, but even I can say that that is completely unacceptable and I know that I deserve more than that. He and I officially ended things a week ago today.my friends passing has made me think about a lot of things. Life seems to be so hard right now and it doesn't look like things are going to get way better anytime soon. I keep rereading her last few messages on Twitter and they continually break my heart. Some of the last things that she wrote were meant to encourage all of usto remember that life is a fight and you have to stay in it. I'm trying. Thanks for listening.

Hugs! Losing someone is always hard...I hope you find peace with yourself and remember her for all of the good times and memories <3
06:37 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAty
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
HI TWLOHA staff-

I just wanted to say thank you for being there when I felt no one understood how I was feeling. even though our stories are all very different, they are all so similar too. After years of therapy I was prescribed an anti-depressant today and will being work with a psychiatrist. I'm scared about what this means but at the same time feel fortunate to be getting the help I know so many others struggle to find. I wouldn't be here if I didn't have people like Jamie and my best friend to keep hope alive. Thank you for everything.
Hey there, it's so good to hear from you. Thank you so much for your encouraging words. We are happy you have found a strong community to find solace in, and we hope you continue to do so. We are also so happy that you are on a road to recovery. Sometimes it seems like a huge road bump when we have to work with a different counselor or start medication, but we believe that it is so worth it. For me, the hardest part was just convincing myself to go, so the fact that you have already started that process is an awesome awesome thing. We hope you continue this journey and know that we stand behind you completely.
06:38 PM on 02/14/14
hannahmaye
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm really glad I saw this on facebook. This year is a rough one for me. This time last year I was with who I thought was my soulmate. We went through a bad patch (miscarriage) and our relationship didn't survive. I never knew how hard today would be.
TWLOHAjamie
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
Jaime/TWLOHA,

I know you guys are a small organization out of Florida, but:

1) how often/do you guys hire?

2) have you ever thought about expanding your organization? maybe a branch out west?
1. Our team is pretty small - around 15 staff + 5 or 6 interns. We always make noise when we're hiring and here's the link: http://twloha.com/jobs

2. We love the west coast and we participate in lots of events out there - the most recent being HEAVY AND LIGHT in LA on Jan 11. No plans for a west coast office - maybe someday - but we will definitely continue to visit for events as often as we can. Keep an eye on our website & social media for updates.
MaRiKa997
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
From reading a few of the posts, I find comfort in that I am not the only one who feels like...when will it be my turn at love? Facebook and Instagram today just broke my heart. It was hard to see all my friends and their gifts from their significant others. I feel so selfish when I wonder, why not me? What is so wrong with me that I don't have anything like that in mu life? It's frustrating. I try my best to be a good person and to help others and be there for everyone else but I do not feel like I have any of that in my own life or any help with my own personal struggles. I feel very alone most of the time.

Jamie and the TWLOHA team, I dream of the day that I get to meet some of you. I look up to you more than any of you will know. Jamie, you are such an inspiration and I thank you for doing what you do. You have no idea how much it means to me.

In honor of everyone at TWLOHA, those who suffer, those who we have lost, and everyone in this chat... my TWLOHA tattoo is in honor of you.
06:39 PM on 02/14/14
Melisande
"For the music that saves you"
User Info.
Strangely Valentine's day now reminds me that it is okay to be single and that I deserve better than the abusive relationship I used to be in. We'll see wherever life takes me. I'd rather be single than unhappy in a relationship.
06:39 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAkayla
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hi all...Tabitha from NY here! I just want to say TWLOHA has always been there for me when I've struggled with self injury and depression. I've done well though...thanks to my antidepressants I've only self harmed once in the last few years. The last year had been so hard for me. I went through a difficult breakup after a 3 year relationship, had major surgery, got in a car accident and had part of my family cut themselves out of my life. Everything going on has been so hard for me to deal with, and I'm so afraid I will fall back into old habits....especially on days like today that remind me of how my life is not where I has hoped it would be. Hopefully I can stay strong..and I hope you all do too. Much love <3
Hi Tabitha,

Thank you so much for joining us tonight! We are so sorry to hear that things are difficult for you right now, and we are so encouraged that you have made such great strides in your recovery. We wanted to share our Find Help page with you. Here you can find local and national resources that might be of service to you as you continue down the path of recovery. We believe in you, Tabitha. We believe that your story is important and your life matters. We believe that you can make it through this. Please know that we stand with you as you continue on your path of recovery.
06:40 PM on 02/14/14
Okami
The Neighborhood Wolf! :)
User Info.
Hey Okami,

Thanks so much for hanging out with us tonight!

Each journey is unique to the individual and none or more important than another's, but that definitely doesn't mean they are easy. We can relate to times not making sense or working in our favor, but you can't let that define who you are. You are a beautiful individual. No matter what form the "treatment" takes, you are not the treatment. You are definitely validated in wanting to understand what is going on, but also know that sometimes we will never understand why things happen they way they do. There are so many moments that seem to pass without explanation, but please don't let them define you. You are not alone and we love you!
Thank you, Christina. It's hard to see the beauty in the midst of the pain. But I've continuously sought recovery even in those moments where darkness resides...which always leads me to believe that hope is real... Thank you for reminding me I am not alone in this, even when I feel like I'm drowning in the uncertainty.

Oh look at me, now I'm crying. xP
dreamersfly
User Info.
How's life been treating you since whenever we last chatted? We should definitely try to talk more outside of this.
It's been good and stressful and busy. I'm glad that things are going well for you! The busy with school thing, I could totally agree with you on fo'sho! Well, I hope that whatever is going on with your family that you guys can figure it out. :) That's hard, but sometimes its really nice to have that space away from your parents. We definitely should.
MeganC
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hello to the Jamie and the TWLOHA team ..
I don't really have a direct question but just wanted to say thank you for what you do..not sure if you guys are still live..hard to judge the time difference from Sydney, Australia...but thank you for being who you are and continuing to encourage and inspire so many xx
TWLOHAjonathan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well it's being a good awesome year thanks to Jamie and all the Twloha staff. Today, I'll be here again but as someone different. I crossed the other side. I am sober now. So just want to make something clear. You are NOT ALONE. People today we can chat, today we can be friends...who knows? maybe we can become real strong super duper best friends! Just try and let all that you feel or/and think out. okay? so following my advice just wanted to say to you: love ya babes!
Hey, browney4es, thanks for joining us!

We are stoked to hear that you are in recovery. Thanks for your inspiring words; we strongly believe in the power of community, that people need other people, and we encourage everyone to reach out and talk about what is going on inside. We appreciate your support and admire your bravery for not only being in recovery but for sharing with all of us.
haikit
User Info.
I'm really glad I saw this on facebook. This year is a rough one for me. This time last year I was with who I thought was my soulmate. We went through a bad patch (miscarriage) and our relationship didn't survive. I never knew how hard today would be.
I can't say that I know how that situation feels, but I do think I know how you feel, because I lost someone like that a few months after this time last year, as well.

*hugs of understanding*

I'm sorry. This day is hard for so many of us.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos