Username
Password

Comments: Page 21
Displaying posts 300 - 315 of 482
06:09 PM on 02/14/14
hannahmaye
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i hate to say it, but i do. i wish he would. i've still talked to him here and there - we're in the same university - and we tried to hang out a couple times, because he's supposedly still interested in being friends, but... i really wish he could change, and actually be committed to a relationship. i can't help but count on that happening someday. and if i don't count on that, i wonder whether i could find such a connection with anyone else ever again.
Yeah i understand. I know that it's not going to happen and that i need to stop thinking that it will, but for some reason, everytime flowers got delivered today at work i thought "what if they're from him, telling me how sorry he is, and how he doesnt want to not have me in his life?"
06:09 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAty
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Thank you for your sweet words Ty! I promise to try and remember that we make our own happiness! Thank you again!

I would love to show you my tattoo but I can't figure out how to post a picture :/
You can send one over to info@twloha.com and we can see it through there!
06:10 PM on 02/14/14
nicoleinatl
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So I've been struggling with self harm for almost a year now. I haven't told anyone mostly because they just wouldn't understand. Everyone sees me as the "perfect" person. I have a great family and lots of friends. I get pretty good grades and I'm a leader in my church. I think the problem is that I have a hard time feeling like I can accept people's love for me. I don't just feel like I deserve it sometimes. I cut this week and I've promised myself I'm going to stop, but it's already been a lot harder than I thought it would be to stop. What do you think I should do if no one would understand if I told them what I am going through?
Sweet heart... you have such a sweet heart. I am so sorry you feel this way. I wasin a similar place and have struggled with self harm for a long time. Talk to me. Message someone whose reply gets to you. Someone *WILL* get it. But it might be someone in this room first!
browney4es
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hey browney4es,

Thanks for joining us again this year! Thanks for asking about Jacob was an intern last year, but does not work at TWLOHA currently. It's really exciting to hear about you joining the Street Team, we hope that you are enjoying it. Is there anything we could help you out with?
not really I love it. I love everything TWLOHA does so maybe ...keep going and if you have jacob's contact just say to him "thanks!" he kind of saved me so I own him a lot
TWLOHAliz
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hey guys. Just wanted to say thanks for all that you do. I've been in recovery for almost 2 years now, and TWLOHA has been such an inspiration during that time. Some days are great, some are bad, and there are some I barely get through, but this life is beautiful and I'm so thankful that I'm still here to live it.

Happy Valentine's Day. <3
Hello! We are so glad to hear that you are on your journey to recovery, and that you are nearing your 2-year anniversary. We encourage you to celebrate this moment with those you trust in your community. We also love to hear that we have been a part of your recovery through the good days as well as the heavier days. We exist because of supporters like you! It is so encouraging to hear you say that you are choosing to fight; that you fought today, and yesterday, and the day before. Some days it may be so difficult, and in these moments we encourage you to lean on others, because this is what community is about. Thank you for joining us on this forum, we are so glad you are here :) You are important and needed, continue to stay strong!
TheXKid
Rage & Love
User Info.
Hey Luke, we are so sorry to hear that things are difficult for you right now. We are so encouraged to hear that you are receiving help with antidepressants and therapy. We believe that your best days are still ahead of you. The road to recovery is long and winding, full of ups and downs. Relapse is a part of recovery, and it certainly does not make us failures. We believe in you, Luke. We wanted to share our Find Help page with you. Here you can find local and national resources that can help you continue on the road of recovery. Please know that we stand with you as you continue on your journey. We believe in you, Luke. Your story is important and your life matters. Please know that.

I feel my best days have come and gone, but thanks. I had a pretty great childhood. Just as soon as I started high school, things have been going downhill since. Everyday, I got either beat up, locked in rooms, picked on etc. College (I'm doing a travel and tourism course) right now isn't great either, though I guess it isn't school. I considered suicide last week. Sorry if this is a sensitive subject, but I really, really wanted it. The urge to down antidepressants...I've only ever attempted suicide once. I'd love to do something in my life related to music, but I don't know where to start. The only reason I'm trying to get to a university is to change my life around, but I feel university isn't for me. I don't know. Loneliness doesn't help either. My story doesn't matter too much. There's others out there whose stories do actually not only matter, but inspire others. Thanks however, I'll check out the page.
06:11 PM on 02/14/14
kelly_twloha
User Info.
The hardest part of Valentine's for me is that I'm almost 21, and I've never been in a relationship... or even on a date, or anything. At all. It's not fun to think about feeling perpetually single on the day when all anyone can talk about is love. In high school, Valentine's was the worst day of the year and I always felt left out when all of my friends with boyfriends and girlfriends got treats delivered to classes and big boxes of chocolates. I think I went home each year crying. It's a lot easier in college because my school doesn't do any Valentine's promotions like student governments and clubs in high schools do, but I can't kick this feeling of being left out. I'm following a "Be Your Own Valentine" philosophy this year, but it'd be nice to have someone in my life! I won't settle with someone just to be in a relationship, but it seems like the universe is against me and is hiding all of the guys who would connect with me!
trailblazer
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I actually just recently got a matching semicolon tattoo with my dad. They represent where we were at in our lives, and how we could have ended them, but didn't. The past is part of our story, but we don't let it define our lives any longer. It's a more permanent version of the "I am living a story, I will not give up" on my Fears vs. Dreams bracelet. Thanks for inspiring it, TWLOHA <3
how awesome! my best friend and I are actually planning on matching semicolon butterfly tattoos. so glad that you are here with us!
Allissa
User Info.
Jamie, I know TWLOHA isn't a christian organization but I have heard you speak about your faith a lot and I just wanted to let you know that it inspired me to attempt to bring God back into my life. I have been an atheist since I was young even though I was raised catholic but you actually made me realize that christians aren't so bad after all. I started going to a christian church a few months ago and it's been great. I just wanted to say thanks for being honest:)
stephiekaye6532
User Info.
Sigh. I am feeling very dark and empty tonight.
If you need a friend to talk to, you can message me! That's why we are here, aren't we?
06:12 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAchristina
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I have a benefit planned for To Write Love coming up in May :) Looking forward to speaking to my high school about these topics! Papers with proposal to be sent to you guys soon!
Hey robinfox,

Thanks for hanging out with us tonight! We are so inspired in your choice to bring hope and light to your community. If you haven't checked it out yet, please check out The Storytellers page on our website to learn more ways on how to get involved.
06:12 PM on 02/14/14
TheXKid
Rage & Love
User Info.
The short version is we don't agree with that. The long version is that we are not a Christian organization. Although there are people on staff who are Christians and even some Christian elements in the original story, this is an organization for all people. Because we believe issues like addiction, depression, self-injury, and suicide affect everyone, we are an organization for everyone, regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, race, ability, nationality, or other differences. As an organization, we aim to be inclusive and inviting for everyone.

That's why I love your organization. Thanks for the reply. I've just kinda always wondered haha. I don't agree with the WBC at all, personally.
06:13 PM on 02/14/14
ebs29000
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
TWLOHA has been so important in my life as I have dealt with mental illness. Thanks for your support and for spreading awareness!
stephiekaye6532
User Info.
The hardest part of Valentine's for me is that I'm almost 21, and I've never been in a relationship... or even on a date, or anything. At all. It's not fun to think about feeling perpetually single on the day when all anyone can talk about is love. In high school, Valentine's was the worst day of the year and I always felt left out when all of my friends with boyfriends and girlfriends got treats delivered to classes and big boxes of chocolates. I think I went home each year crying. It's a lot easier in college because my school doesn't do any Valentine's promotions like student governments and clubs in high schools do, but I can't kick this feeling of being left out. I'm following a "Be Your Own Valentine" philosophy this year, but it'd be nice to have someone in my life! I won't settle with someone just to be in a relationship, but it seems like the universe is against me and is hiding all of the guys who would connect with me!
I just said to someone else that I, too, followed the BYOV idea this year. I've never been in a relationship while all of my friends are in various stages of theirs. It does make me feel a bit down because I do wonder if there is someone out there for me. I just know that it will happen one day.
laurenterveen
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Jamie-

I meet you in grand forks ND. While you were talking all I could think about were the kids I work with. And how there story matters. Today I worked for 16 hrs with them. Let's say it was a long day. But I got to spend a great valentines day. I spent it by loving my kids, and showing them that they matter. I got to end my night by reading a kid two chapters of a book we are reading. He refuses to let anybody else read to him. So I just want to say thank you to TWLOHA for teaching me what love is, and showing people they matter and deserve to be loved and be known.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos