Password

Album Review

Cute Is What We Aim For - Rotation Album Cover

Cute Is What We Aim For - Rotation

Reviewed by
Cute Is What We Aim For - Rotation
Record Label: Fueled by Ramen
Release Date: June 24, 2008
This review is a user submitted review from Jeremy Aaron. You can see all of Jeremy Aaron's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 24
06:06 PM on 06/26/08
hockeyguitar99
Prison Strength
User Info.
Good review, i think that your rating is a bit low.
10:13 PM on 06/26/08
Spenny
Hearts without chains.
User Info.
I think your review was well-written and unbiased.
Of course I enjoy the album and think the score should be higher, but it's all up to the reviewer and I thought you did a good job.
11:42 PM on 06/26/08
PermanentTourists
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Great review. But I still think the album was pretty solid. But I agree that Shaant needs to come up with some better lyrics for whenever they put out a third record
02:33 AM on 06/27/08
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
Who rated this 100%? They must be hard of hearing.
06:54 AM on 06/27/08
TooLateF0rRoses
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
omg! butterflies!
10:14 PM on 06/29/08
Klatzke
Don't give me no hand me down love.
User Info.
I think your review was well-written and unbiased.
Of course I enjoy the album and think the score should be higher, but it's all up to the reviewer and I thought you did a good job.
Unbiased, are you kidding?

The only way for someone to look at this "unbiased" is to not review it on this site.

I'm not bashing this review (or reviewer), I just don't understand what's with all the criticism and such surrounding them on this site, when there are far worse bands.
02:48 PM on 06/30/08
Jeremy Aaron
User Info.
Unbiased, are you kidding?

The only way for someone to look at this "unbiased" is to not review it on this site.

I'm not bashing this review (or reviewer), I just don't understand what's with all the criticism and such surrounding them on this site, when there are far worse bands.

My main goal with this review (and all reviews I write) is to be as objective as possible. AP makes this easier by including the ratings criteria. I try to keep how much I like an album or band out of my ratings and reviews. You'll notice I never mentioned whether I liked the album or not. I just basically gave the album a rating based on the criteria and attempted to justify those ratings with the review.

Now, if you read Joe DeAndrea's review, he mentions something to the effect that Blood Rush was the soundtrack of his summer or something like that. That sets up a biased review. While I'm sure a lot of people enjoy reading reviews with a personal touch, that's not my style. I feel it's more important to say that a certain quality on the album was good or band and explain why rather than say how much I liked or didn't like the album, although sometimes I guess this will be evident in the review.

I made a point to mention the positive improvements the band made on this record, and it wasn't meant to be a scathingly negative review at all, merely an objective one. There are those that hate the band unconditionally and others that like them. I think the truth is somewhere in the middle and did my best to express that.
06:05 PM on 06/30/08
Klatzke
Don't give me no hand me down love.
User Info.
My main goal with this review (and all reviews I write) is to be as objective as possible. AP makes this easier by including the ratings criteria. I try to keep how much I like an album or band out of my ratings and reviews. You'll notice I never mentioned whether I liked the album or not. I just basically gave the album a rating based on the criteria and attempted to justify those ratings with the review.

Now, if you read Joe DeAndrea's review, he mentions something to the effect that Blood Rush was the soundtrack of his summer or something like that. That sets up a biased review. While I'm sure a lot of people enjoy reading reviews with a personal touch, that's not my style. I feel it's more important to say that a certain quality on the album was good or band and explain why rather than say how much I liked or didn't like the album, although sometimes I guess this will be evident in the review.

I made a point to mention the positive improvements the band made on this record, and it wasn't meant to be a scathingly negative review at all, merely an objective one. There are those that hate the band unconditionally and others that like them. I think the truth is somewhere in the middle and did my best to express that.
I'm not saying you're unnecessarily biased, i realize it's completely impossible to be entirely objective. And yeah, Joe's was extremely biased.

I'm just saying that, on this site, there's such like, "anti-hype" about them that there's no way for a comment to be taken subjectively.

It was a well written review, and i'm on the fence about the album. I have no qualms with you or the review, i just hate the bias on this site sometimes.
06:21 PM on 06/30/08
xopuppyluv
User Info.
nice review
01:23 PM on 07/03/08
The Personist
http://davidwpritchard.tumblr.co m
User Info.
Good review, and I agree about the album, though I really honestly just can't stand this band. I am a fan of some of the generic pop-punk bands, but CIWWAF has neither the charm nor the exuberance that they should to justify their lack of originality.

Plus they stole Dave Melillo.
01:28 PM on 07/03/08
Kbm600
Here, It Never Snowed
User Info.
Good review. It was an improvement. But I still don't enjoy it.
They still suck, but I can stand this album. That's enough for me.
01:43 PM on 07/03/08
Praetor
bippity boppity
User Info.
"The Same Old Blood Rush With a New Touch was unique in that no band had ever recorded a album that sounded like that, released it and proudly called it their work."

hahahahahahaha
03:54 PM on 07/03/08
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
great review.

i thought it was pretty fair. could have been 60 at most.
08:49 PM on 07/03/08
birtcho
is...
User Info.
yeah. i agree that feldman should have let them do their own thing a bit because it was a bit over produced

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos