1. How did you get your band name? Leon: In Wes Anderson's film 'The Royal Tenenbaums' there's a line, 'And no damn two-bit, chartered accountant is going to change that,' I was watching the film one day while we were trying to think of a band name and I decided I liked the idea of two-bit something, and we eventually decided on sister.
2. How did this band get started? We formed after a previous band dissolved. We'd found that writing together seemed to come very naturally, and so when our first band split, we wanted to pursue our own project.
3. What bands are you influenced by? Nirvana, The Raconteurs, Band of Skulls, Queens of the Stone Age, Elliott Smith.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why? Connor: Zeppelin would be the dream for both of us I think, their tours were crazy. But then again, I'm not sure we could keep up and we'd never be the best band on the bill.
Leon: Elliott Smith because his songs are so uplifting.
5. Best food to eat on tour? Connor: Best and favourite are two different things, haha. Best would probably be lots of fruit and veg. Unfortunately, the reality is much more likely to be something fast and very bad for you.
Leon: Pistachio Nuts.
6. Why should people listen to your band? Connor: Because everyone who comes to one of our shows, gets a hug (upon request). Also, if you like indie, rock or punk music you might like us.
Leon: Because I'll cry if you don't.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with? Connor: Jesse Owens, because he made Hitler look like a twat.
Leon: Lance Armstrong.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank? Connor: Our lucky stars! Our parents too, if they're lucky...
Leon: My Nan.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be? Connor: Not to sound like a hippie, but a bit more love all around! Would be good to see bands getting the money they deserve for shows too.
Leon: Less One Direction, more guitars.
10. Memorable tour experience? Leon: This one time we got paid.
11. What does AP.net mean to you? Great source for band to get out there and a great source for fans to hear
12. What is your favorite song to play? It's always changing, our newest one probably!
13. What is your vacation spot of choice? Connor: I'm quite happy at home, but I'd love to go to Japan.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood? Connor: Bob Dylan was on a lot in my house as a child, other singer-songwriters like James Taylor too. I still love that stuff today.
Leon: Tom Jones, Buena Vista Social club...anything you can cook to.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why? Connor: The ability to blow people's minds, for obvious reasons.
Leon: The ability to have a superpower I wanted.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals? Connor: I don't think I have any at all actually. I'll probably tell Leon
when I'm ready to start.
Leon: Trying to remember what songs we decided to play.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you? Connor: I don't know how to skateboard, but I wish I did.
Leon: I do know how to skateboard.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish? Connor: I think the diversity of radio now, means there's probably a good size station for virtually every genre, which is a plus I think. It's good that people aren't forced to listen to mainstream stuff, even if it means a smaller potential audience on a given station.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time? Connor: Currently, trying to grow my retro-gaming collection, which I do with my brother. We're doing pretty well with Nintendo 64 games at the minute, but the rare ones are looking pretty pricey, so if anyone wants to send me a copy of Conker's Bad Fur Day (preferably in the box) that would be totally cool.
Leon: Play guitar, write songs.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have? Leon: Writing and performing solo musicals.