Username
Password
Radio News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Radio
Inside AP.net

American Authors Pen First Number One

Posted by: Jason Tate (03/17/14)
American Authors have hit #1 on the Adult Top 40.
"Best Day of My Life" lifts 2-1 on Adult Top 40. First released on the Brooklyn band's self-titled EP, which topped Heatseekers Albums for two weeks in January/February, the song doubles as the lead track from its debut full-length "Oh, What a Life," due on next week's Billboard 200. The song (up 23-21 on the Hot 100) is a band's first career-opening single to rule Adult Top 40 since the Lumineers' "Ho Hey," which led for eight weeks and became the format's top title of 2013.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 20
10:37 AM on 03/17/14
VIVALAMATT
Two-Time APWP Champion
User Info.
My gf is best friends with one of the members' sisters. Although I'm not a fan of that song, I know they're all good guys, and for that I applaud this achievement.
10:41 AM on 03/17/14
Steve_JustAGuy
www.justaguy.us
User Info.
Not surprised, these guys have it going on.
10:42 AM on 03/17/14
TylerHartman
User Info.
Really enjoying that new record. Saw them perform on the Woodies last night on MTV, and the singer sounded awful, but on record he sounds great.
10:53 AM on 03/17/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
This is the worst Imagine Dragons song yet

(Yes, I am being sarcastic)
11:08 AM on 03/17/14
ryankojan
User Info.
they did a concert with this organization im apart of call The Rise Up Project... legit dudes
http://www.riseupproject.org

11:30 AM on 03/17/14
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
Good for them but I really don't like this band and I loatheeeeee that song. It's like an even more watered down version Imagine Dragons which I didn't think was possible. Just really offensively derivative. Plus putting NYC in their logo and their whole image of this "quintessential indie brooklyn band" is taking the legacy of bands like The Stokes, Interpol and TV on the Radio etc and slapping it in the face.

idk I guess my local pride is getting in the way of respecting them. Also a couple weeks ago, I'm like 85% sure I saw the lead singer twerking at Union Pool.
11:32 AM on 03/17/14
Timmerton120
Timmy Sampana
User Info.
Really enjoying that new record. Saw them perform on the Woodies last night on MTV, and the singer sounded awful, but on record he sounds great.
I was actually at that performance at south by and it didn't sound that bad at all. I haven't watched the airing though.
11:35 AM on 03/17/14
simplejack
Soundtrack of My Silence
User Info.
You can say what you want, that it's derivative and stuff, but this song is catchy.
11:40 AM on 03/17/14
TylerHartman
User Info.
I was actually at that performance at south by and it didn't sound that bad at all. I haven't watched the airing though.
Sweet. If I were a betting man, I'd assume that MTV's mixing just wasn't done properly. The 1975 sounded a little off too, and when I saw them a few months back, they didn't play one single note incorrectly.
11:43 AM on 03/17/14
Timmerton120
Timmy Sampana
User Info.
Sweet. If I were a betting man, I'd assume that MTV's mixing just wasn't done properly. The 1975 sounded a little off too, and when I saw them a few months back, they didn't play one single note incorrectly.
Ugh. That's unfortunate. I actually went to the woodies to see The 1975. They deserve to be huge here in the states.
11:47 AM on 03/17/14
TylerHartman
User Info.
Ugh. That's unfortunate. I actually went to the woodies to see The 1975. They deserve to be huge here in the states.
They played a venue called the Doug Fir Lounge here in Portland, back in October, which has a capacity of 230 people. It was NUTS. Bastille had played the same venue the month prior. Love it when bands book shows, then blow up, but don't upgrade to larger venues. Both really cool shows. The 1975 definitely deserve to be giantly huge.
11:51 AM on 03/17/14
Timmerton120
Timmy Sampana
User Info.
They played a venue called the Doug Fir Lounge here in Portland, back in October, which has a capacity of 230 people. It was NUTS. Bastille had played the same venue the month prior. Love it when bands book shows, then blow up, but don't upgrade to larger venues. Both really cool shows. The 1975 definitely deserve to be giantly huge.
Yup. They have a show at Stubbs BBQ - which holds 2200 - in May. AND its been sold out for a couple of months. So I guess I can't complain too much. I saw them twice during south by and the crowds were way more underwhelming than I had anticipated.
01:03 PM on 03/17/14
...atfirstsight
User Info.
"Luck" is actually pretty good and I enjoyed it when AP premiered it, but the rest of their album is bleh.
02:04 PM on 03/17/14
OGZxAnKa
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love them. Hope the still go.
descargar ares
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives