AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Album Info. News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Album Info.
Inside AP.net

F*cked Up Announce New LP, Release "Paper The...

Posted by: Drew Beringer (03/18/14)
Fucked Up will release Glass Boys on June 3rd via Matador. You can stream "Paper The House" at Pitchfork.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
02:27 PM on 03/18/14
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
Watched them at the Thrasher party at SXSW. That was too legit. Can't wait for a full tour to see them in a small venue. Also, Damien's weight loss is pretty impressive.
02:38 PM on 03/18/14
Youarcade
User Info.
Fuck yeah.
02:39 PM on 03/18/14
Charles777
Feeling groovy
User Info.
I'M SO READY
02:44 PM on 03/18/14
IWasHerHorse
User Info.
Didn't like David Comes to Life, everything before that was cool I'll still check this out.

The preview song is pretty cool, I like that the drums are way up front in the mix.
03:26 PM on 03/18/14
Supernovacaine
givin'er
User Info.
holy crappington i am stoked for this
05:00 PM on 03/18/14
SmeezyBeezy
DahBuhDeezy
User Info.
Hell yeah
06:20 PM on 03/18/14
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
After seeing these guys a couple of times, I have never been more inclined to support a band. Damien is such a fantastic performer and is so inclusive, wants everyone to get a turn on the mic and was just having a ball at the festival where I last saw them even though the crowd was about 30 people. While the other bands went straight backstage after their sets, Damien stayed in the crowd taking pictures, giving away some of his shit (hat, etc) and chatting to everyone. I left just before the next band came on but he was still there in the pit. I think he probably moshed with everyone for a while. I thought, there's a guy who deserves my money for his art.
06:24 PM on 03/18/14
dlaug
good morning, vietnam
User Info.
After seeing these guys a couple of times, I have never been more inclined to support a band. Damien is such a fantastic performer and is so inclusive, wants everyone to get a turn on the mic and was just having a ball at the festival where I last saw them even though the crowd was about 30 people. While the other bands went straight backstage after their sets, Damien stayed in the crowd taking pictures, giving away some of his shit (hat, etc) and chatting to everyone. I left just before the next band came on but he was still there in the pit. I think he probably moshed with everyone for a while. I thought, there's a guy who deserves my money for his art.
Pretty much my exact experience, as well. Couldn't agree more with the last sentence.

Edit: And the song is such an ear worm. I'm really excited to hear this album
06:39 PM on 03/18/14
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
Pretty much my exact experience, as well. Couldn't agree more with the last sentence.

Edit: And the song is such an ear worm. I'm really excited to hear this album
Can't listen, at work :(. According to the Pitchfork track review, it's maybe a bit poppier and brighter sounding? Although Damien's voice is still super rough?
07:57 PM on 03/18/14
FUCKDIRTYWIPES
Kicking it middle school
User Info.
fuck yeah
09:25 PM on 03/18/14
Hartriant
retrieving steps until we get there
User Info.
david comes to life is fucking great.. really curious how's this album will sound. 2014 is going to be a great year for music
10:32 PM on 03/18/14
runningohfive
I know...
User Info.
This song is great! Oh, man I want this bad!
07:20 AM on 03/19/14
MorningStar10
the other Kyle.
User Info.
I hope they follow the same sound as 'David Comes to Life' saw them live back in 2009 and although the live show was incredible, much prefer listening to that era of Fucked Up on record.
08:25 AM on 03/19/14
baton
ftfmusic.net
User Info.
Great track, it's good they're keeping the level - I liked DCTL a lot.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests