Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 32
11:14 AM on 03/19/14
avarice14
A Waste Of A Time
User Info.
A lot of the songs sorta run together, I felt so much more diversity on Avalanche United, and that's what made that record great. Not a lot of stand out tracks, maybe just the single and the closer. Happy that other people like it though, this band still kicks ass.
11:54 AM on 03/19/14
grimis16
User Info.
I don't know...this felt more like a collection of b-sides to me just kind of blurs together with the exception of "Young Kerouacs". It appears to be just me though. Nice write-up.
Yeah same here. Absolutely LOVE the Movielife, so I've been following everything Vinnie has done since then. But yeah, this all blends together and there are no real stand out tracks for me. I felt bored and surprised after it played all the way through the first time. I still listen to, "Holy Fuck", and "Brooklyn Dodgers" a few years later, and I'm already bored with this album after listening to it for a couple days. Hopefully it eventually catches my ear.
12:02 PM on 03/19/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Yeah same here. Absolutely LOVE the Movielife, so I've been following everything Vinnie has done since then. But yeah, this all blends together and there are no real stand out tracks for me. I felt bored and surprised after it played all the way through the first time. I still listen to, "Holy Fuck", and "Brooklyn Dodgers" a few years later, and I'm already bored with this album after listening to it for a couple days. Hopefully it eventually catches my ear.
Agreed- there just don't seem to be enough clear stand-outs. The opening and closing tracks don't feel like opening and closing tracks. Glad to see such a great group of dudes with this kind of cult-following though, it's certainly not a bad record. I'll check out anything they put out, even if AU (and especially their debut) felt stronger than this to me.
12:29 PM on 03/19/14
dtomczak
always hungry.
User Info.
I listened to the stream and it didn't grab me as much as AU. "Holy F***" is my jam. Will definitely give this a couple more listens before they come to the D on Friday.
12:37 PM on 03/19/14
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
"Clocking in at just over a half hour" *
01:37 PM on 03/19/14
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
This album rips, it kind of blend together at first but now I'm really digging it. I think it's my least favorite of the 3 albums but that's still not a bad thing. Can't wait to see them Sunday
01:46 PM on 03/19/14
PeteRoe
User Info.
I love this album.

"Young Kerouacs" is my favourite as well as "Anna Lee"
01:48 PM on 03/19/14
andrew182182
User Info.
Am I the only one that think every song on this CD sounds exactly the same
03:11 PM on 03/19/14
Silent7
Writing the words of a sermon...
User Info.
I've listened to it a few times (though not as in depth as I'd like) but it hasn't grabbed me like their last. And it might be that I hadn't heard anything by them before AU (but loved the Movielife) and so when I heard that, it just stuck with me so hard and I listened to it all the time. This isn't bad by any means and maybe I need more spins on it but it isn't the over-powering force that AU was that made me want to listen and listen and listen... (so far.)
04:01 PM on 03/19/14
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
"My Lion Heart" and "Young Kerouacs" are new favorites for me. Don't like the album as much as AU, but I do enjoy it quite a bit. Vinnie's voice ranks up there as one of my favorites in the genre, and his lyrics are real and honest -- he doesn't try to be somebody he's not.
07:02 PM on 03/19/14
specialeds281
Every word Handwritten.
User Info.
love this album. but im definitely hoping for some more IATA in the same vein as "clean up" and "wasted."
08:10 AM on 03/20/14
surgerone
User Info.
Edit: Expanding my point; This album is probably the worst out of the 3 albums released under the IAtA name. In saying that, I don't think it's necessarily a bad album I just like the Self titled and United a whole lot more than this. All the songs bleed into a 30 minute blur and nothing really stands out.

Interesting - this is the first IATA album that caught my interest at all, although I do think it drags toward the end. I'm hoping the more I listen to this album, the easier it will be to revisit their earlier albums. (I had a similar experience with The Wonder Years: their newest album led me to appreciate the first two more).
09:19 AM on 03/20/14
grimis16
User Info.
Am I the only one that think every song on this CD sounds exactly the same
No...after the first 5 or so comments it seems like most of the people feel the way you do (and me).
05:57 PM on 03/21/14
lftcoastenvy05
is a bulletproof tiger
User Info.
Kinda jumping the gun there saying John Oliva's bass line... Kellen stuck around to record the album. And I think "spoiled" is the correct term to use for us fans. This is a solid record all around. I can't even pick a favorite because on my next listen I'll have different track stuck in my head. This is a fantastic album. Not sure why I'm seeing a lot of comments of disappointment for this record. If they would've waited another 6 years in between records, maybe release some demos here and there before releasing this, I know you people would be stoked.
06:20 PM on 03/24/14
iamalexenglish
℟℧₦ ₮H€M
User Info.
Giving it a first listen now and I'm not getting anything out of it

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT