Username
Password

Interview - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 77.
02:55 PM on 06/26/08
Brad Streeter
Absolute Access
User Info.
I like how Shaant doesn't sugar coat anything that he says.
We're all big kids here and don't need to be told lies.

What does he mean about fighting with Fall Out Boy?
hmm...must have been out of town when that started.

No, the band was fighting a lot during their time on the Fall Out Boy tour last fall. Not fighting with FOB. I don't want that to start a rumor.
02:59 PM on 06/26/08
Glassjawguy
The Other Rational Voice of AP.net
User Info.
Arrogance, where about? Some people will say anything to put a band down. Unreal.

Also on the subject of him talking about their old material and not liking it too much, I think a lot of musicians can feel that way. I know that personally I feel a bit like that about my first batch of songs on my current project....you grow, change and you mature. It can take a while for an artist to get to where they want to be, and by that I don't mean fame or success, I mean in terms of your sound and getting your music to sound the way that it does in you head.
03:02 PM on 06/26/08
saraaa13
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i think i actually dislike him a little more after reading that. he seems like a pretty arrogant person. some of the stuff he was answering didnt even make sense, and was totally irrelevant.
03:15 PM on 06/26/08
drugs!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
oh and

sick baseline
03:42 PM on 06/26/08
dizzyuptheboy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
so many 'dudes' i cant keep up the the references...
04:03 PM on 06/26/08
skubala
solid.
User Info.
yeah i agree. who is just like "oh yeah, that dude that used to be in my band is a piece of shit" ?

I don't think that is what he was getting at. Fred and Shaant's relationship, or lack there of goes much further than what it is. they just flat out didn't get along. it caused a lot of stress on the band...how could any band continue to work in sync with each other if two of it's members are constantly fighting?
04:09 PM on 06/26/08
skubala
solid.
User Info.
i really liked this interview. I felt like it was probably one of the more honest interviews I've seen in awhile. the new record is a pretty solid effort, its for sure more mature. they've matured a lot. I think they are complete as a band now...hopefully no more line-up changes. Dave is a great addition to the band. They look like they are enjoying themselves and thats all that matters.
04:10 PM on 06/26/08
hjkhjkhjk
User Info.
i liked the interview alot, but the only thing i didn't quite like/understand was when he said "It is just one hell of a time. A lot drinking."

but in the song Newport Living, one of the lyrics is "But liquor doesn't exist in my world".
and the song The Fourth Drink Instinct also was against drinking.
so does anyone know if he just gave in, or was he joking, or sumthin?

on their uk tour shaant just got too stressed out and started drinking a lot. he stopped after a few weeks though cuz he realized he was ruining shows for the kids and that he needed to step up and do his job. it was in an interview in AP
04:12 PM on 06/26/08
tait
@
User Info.
he seems pretty cool
04:58 PM on 06/26/08
Awesome_Danny
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Awesome dude
05:04 PM on 06/26/08
liveinlove
User Info.
i liked their first album. some of it sounded the same tho. the new album is so rad.
05:10 PM on 06/26/08
BigAl
Here, have a sword.
User Info.
Shaant seems like he'd be a solid dude. I also hope they work with Feldmann again.
05:47 PM on 06/26/08
JacquelineNancy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Good interview. I meet Shaant last summer, very nice guy.
06:16 PM on 06/26/08
brandnew741
i can spell confusion with a K.
User Info.
yeah. some of those sentences... took me awhile to understand. the grammar is a little bizarre on some of his responses.
Yeah the fragmented sentences were a bit annoying... both in the questions and the responses.
06:45 PM on 06/26/08
crushxcrushx3
twitter.com/christinemaine
User Info.
amazing.
made me sad when he mentioned tsl...
:/
i'm still in denial...
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE