AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Tour Dates News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Sasquatch! Music Festival Second Weekend Canceled

Posted by - 11:27 PM on 03/21/14
The second weekend of Sasquatch! Music Festival on Fourth of July Weekend has been canceled.
The traditional Sasquatch! Music Festival on Memorial Day Weekend will continue as planned. A limited number of Memorial Day Weekend passes are still available for purchase at LiveNation.com. Ticketmaster will refund the credit cards used to purchase passes for the Fourth of July Weekend. For those who purchased tickets to both weekends, half of the total purchase price (which was applied to the Fourth of July Weekend) will be refunded. The discount on the Memorial Day Weekend purchase will remain in effect. For more information, please call Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000.

“The Sasquatch! community has spoken. They continue to support the traditional Memorial Day Weekend event with great enthusiasm. Unfortunately, the second weekend was not embraced. We felt it was better to cancel the new event now and give everyone time to make alternative plans for the Fourth of July weekend. Going forward, Sasquatch! Music Festival will be at the Gorge Amphitheatre on the weekend the fans want: Memorial Day Weekend only,” said Jeff Trisler, President of Live Nation Seattle.

Some of the acts scheduled to perform on Fourth of July Weekend will be making alternate plans to perform at other venues. Information will be released as available.

Displaying posts 1 - 8 of 8
11:29 PM on 03/21/14
TylerHartman
User Info.
Folks around here are PISSED. A lot of Oregonian ticket holders, planning their 4th weekends around this event. Crazy.
11:43 PM on 03/21/14
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
Other than flights you can't reschedule, there's enough time to adjust schedules around it. Still shitty though!
01:43 AM on 03/22/14
kianacarly
Your silence does not protect you
User Info.
lol never been so glad that I'm way too poor to ever afford Sasquatch because I kinda wanted to go that weekend.
09:34 AM on 03/22/14
meekers
has been here longer than you
User Info.
The headliners were awful IMO. If they wanted support around the July weekend, they should have made the lineup so great that no one would have wanted to miss it.
11:08 AM on 03/22/14
Tony
Fuckface Extraordinaire
User Info.
Good. The second weekend was totally unnecessary. I'm not a fan of these festival weekends "expanding." How about you just come up with a new festival rather than piggybacking on off an existing one. Jerks.
08:56 PM on 03/22/14
EASheartsVinyl
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Interesting. The second weekend would have been much higher on my list if I lived there. I wonder how many bands will end up rescheduling to still come.
11:23 PM on 03/22/14
marsvoltamcr
Registered Member
User Info.
Shame on people for letting a festival with Kraftwerk cancel over low ticket sales. One of the most influential bands ever.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos