AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Recording News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Vanna Enter the Studio with Will Putney

Posted by - 09:21 AM on 03/24/14
Vanna have entered the studio with producer Will Putney (Stray From the Path, Counterparts) to begin recording their fifth full length. It's due out this summer via Pure Noise Records.
One of the things we love most about music is the freedom to try new things and mess around with new sounds and bring different elements into play. We've gotten to work with such amazing producers and engineers in the past. As we started looking towards our future and what we wanted to capture with a new record we started jamming some of out favorite sounding records of late and they all had one common denominator, Will Putney.

Making the move to Pure Noise Records was a direction step for us that we really wanted and we needed a producer and studio that could take us to levels and places we ourselves haven't been too. Hearing Will was psyched to work with us was the icing on the cake for all involved. Will himself being a touring musician and really having an ear to the ground and a finger on the pulse of what's going on not only in music but the world, certainly made our mutual decision very easy. We can't wait to see what he and the staff at The Machine Shop will pull out of us this time. Expect new and big things.

Displaying posts 1 - 10 of 10
09:50 AM on 03/24/14
Solidus187
This is a war, sober up.
User Info.
So excited for this. Loved their last album, and jammed the hell out of Preying/Purging when they were released.
10:25 AM on 03/24/14
Supernovacaine
givin'er
User Info.
quite the turnaround, last album came out just 1 year ago.. can always count on Vanna to release a good album, hope they make something great
10:59 AM on 03/24/14
fothermucker
Show's over, mother fuckers.
User Info.
If it's anywhere as good/better than TF&FB or Preying/Purging, this will easily be in my top 5 for this year.
11:18 AM on 03/24/14
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Last album was boring but Putney is the best, therefore I am pumped.
12:37 PM on 03/24/14
mbarney82
User Info.
Super excited. TFATFB was very underrated. I think Putney will make this album sound killer.
12:54 PM on 03/24/14
js977
js977
User Info.
very underrated band. however, i feel like each of their last few releases had some of their best and worst songs. i'm not a fan of the sludgy/more chaotic sound they play around with.
02:02 PM on 03/24/14
absintheparty9
Step back. Evaluate. Recognize.
User Info.
Sweeeeeet
10:59 PM on 03/24/14
PerfectChaos337
User Info.
This is going to be fucking awesome. I love these guys to the max.
01:31 AM on 03/26/14
Shoorty0690
User Info.
Will is a good dude. If he has any influence on the writing of the album like he usually does, it will sound awesome.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos