AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Info. News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Eagles In Drag (The Maine, A Rocket To The Moon, This Century)...

Posted by - 11:50 AM on 03/25/14
Eagles In Drag released their debut EP today and on a limited run of 10” vinyl via EightyOneTwentyThree. The project, constructed by The Maine frontman John O’Callaghan initially back in 2012, includes his fellow bandmate from The Maine; Jared Monaco. The lineup is rounded out by Trey Nickelsen, Ryan Gose (This Century), and Eric Halvorsen (ex-A Rocket To The Moon). It can be streamed in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 5 of 5
11:51 AM on 03/25/14
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Arizona based five-piece Eagles In Drag, released their debut EP today digitally worldwide and on a limited run of 10” vinyl via EightyOneTwentyThree. The project, constructed by frontman John O’Callaghan initially back in 2012, includes his fellow bandmate from The Maine; Jared Monaco. The lineup is rounded out by Trey Nickelsen, Ryan Gose (This Century, Stop Dead), and Eric Halvorsen (ex-A Rocket To The Moon). O’Callaghan explains the need for the project by stating his “thirst for songwriting and passion for creating music sparked the idea. Once I had a clearer vision of how I wanted to go about presenting this project I thought of friends I'd never really jammed with that I respect as musicians and creative minds”.

All five members - from varied musical backgrounds and genres - bring different elements of experienced musicianship to the group - which aids in defining their sound. Arguably with the heaviest rock sound on the roster, Eagles In Drag brings psychedelic infused tones to a modern generation. The new EP is also sure to appeal to fans of Witch and The Entrance Band. The project also draws influence from the likes of The Black Angels and Dead Meadow.

As for the targeted results? In O’Callaghan’s mind the intent has been achieved. “The goal has already been accomplished, write music with people I hadn't yet played with and experiment with a darker side of my brain.” Fans of his current band have nothing to fear he continues, “The Maine is my true baby, this was just a few dates with a chick you know you're never going to call again.”

The self titled EP, features five never before released songs - as seen in the tracklisting below. Eagles In Drag is the latest addition to the 8123 artist family.
11:58 AM on 03/25/14
Jbuch
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
EP is so good. One Four Six is a jam.
12:00 PM on 03/25/14
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
I dig it alot.
12:05 PM on 03/25/14
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
Tempted to buy the shirt and vinyl package but with shipping the total was too much. I bought it on itunes instead.

Hopefully the next Maine record takes some influence from this since Forever Halloween was a pretty big let down after the stellar record Pioneer is!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos