Username
Password
Hopeless Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Hopeless Records
Inside AP.net

AJ Perdomo Leaves The Dangerous Summer

Posted by: Ryan Gardner (03/29/14)
The Dangerous Summer frontman AJ Perdomo has left the band. He still wishes to make music. He will hold a Q&A tomorrow at 6pm PST on Twitter to answer questions.
As far as the band goes, I originally wanted to do another album in time, and do some shows in the future. I wanted to carry on the name, and let the band just be stagnant while I spend time at home. It has come to the point where I canít do that anymore. Iíve had a hard time sticking with Cody through this for a very long time, and thereís now a complete disconnect. I donít have control over what the band does, says, or sells anymore; I donít know what the future will be for them either. It has just become something that I need to personally disassociate myself from so that I can move on with my life.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 300
10:43 AM on 03/29/14
smowashere
User Info.
Holy wow.
10:44 AM on 03/29/14
mattpuch21
Puchinator
User Info.
Worst way to start off the day.
10:44 AM on 03/29/14
Trevor Sostarich
Vernacular
User Info.
Pretty crazy, but I think Cody shouldn't continue under that name. AJ is the voice of The Dangerous Summer.
10:45 AM on 03/29/14
flyingmonkey711
User Info.
Damn. All the love to an amazing band.
10:45 AM on 03/29/14
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Dear world,

I think it’s time to shed some light on my current situation with The Dangerous Summer. It’s hard to just sit here and let so many people live in the dark about what is going on.

6 months ago I made the decision to go home and be a father. Next month my daughter will be born, and I want to be there for her from the beginning. This is something that I’ve dreamt about my entire life, starting a family and raising kids of my own. I don’t want to miss this part of life. I know that I will never get a chance to live it again.

As far as the band goes, I originally wanted to do another album in time, and do some shows in the future. I wanted to carry on the name, and let the band just be stagnant while I spend time at home. It has come to the point where I can’t do that anymore. I’ve had a hard time sticking with Cody through this for a very long time, and there’s now a complete disconnect. I don’t have control over what the band does, says, or sells anymore; I don’t know what the future will be for them either. It has just become something that I need to personally disassociate myself from so that I can move on with my life.

I’m sad to let something go that has been such a blessing, and inspiration. Every one of you that came to the shows, sang along, and got tattoos of my words on your body; it is something that I’ll always carry with me. That was it for me, the Mecca of it all. You made me believe in myself and my abilities. You carried us to a place that we never imagined we could go. We started this band in high school, and did everything we set out to do plus some.

A serious thank you to everyone that has stuck by me through the thick and thin, you truly fulfill me. I love each and every one of you like a part of my family. You are the piece that I will miss the most through all of this.

As far as the future goes, I will always write and record music. I have these songs that are developing into something new already. I haven’t decided what to do as far as a band goes yet, but I assure you that you will be the first to know when it happens. I do hope that you will join me on my next musical journey.

I am not giving up on my dreams. I’ve lived my dreams, and I will continue to push their boundaries.

With love,
AJ Perdomo

I will hold a Q&A tomorrow at 6pm PST on twitter to answer anyones questions.
www.twitter.com/ajperdomo
10:46 AM on 03/29/14
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
It was only a matter of time until this band imploded. I'm surprised it took this long.
10:46 AM on 03/29/14
xBranx
Brandon Pagano / Handguns
User Info.
Did he start the band? If so why didn't he kick this Cody clown out?

Best of luck to the guy. This band's music was really cool.
10:47 AM on 03/29/14
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
this thread will be both fun and stupid.
fearthesloths
blown from the hinge
User Info.
well there goes 90% of the reason to listen to them
ally140992
Half awake but fully aware.
User Info.
Cody seems to be the route of all evil for TDS. As much as I love their music, it's about time AJ cut the ties.
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
One of my favorite lyricists. Glad he's continuing music. RFTS and WP both mean the world to me - mainly due to the content.

Best of luck to the rest of the guys.
10:48 AM on 03/29/14
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
User Info.
I love the band but I'm not torn up about it. Anybody could see this coming.
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
EDIT: Full POZ interview with Cody Payne on the events here http://propertyofzack.com/post/81094...on-aj-perdomos

Did he start the band? If so why didn't he kick this Cody clown out?

Best of luck to the guy. This band's music was really cool.
It's always been Cody's band.

Holy shit
ctigers92
I always could count on futures
User Info.
This sucks so much. I wish the rest of the band just decided to kick out Cody.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests