Username
Password
The Dangerous Summer News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Dangerous Summer
Inside AP.net

The Dangerous Summer Break Up

Posted by: Jason Tate (04/01/14)
Somewhat predictably, given this weekend's announcement, The Dangerous Summer have broken up.
To keep you all informed (accurately and unbiased) we are here to let you all know what the real deal is with TDS. Yes we are no longer a band. We would like to thank you all from the bottom of our hearts for letting us travel the world, create albums, and meet some of the coolest people and musicians on the planet. Thank you for over 50,000 record sales and over 200,000 single sales and a fan base that blew our minds everytime we went on tour. Sadly the day has come where AJ has decided to take up being a father and focusing on that aspect for his life. As for future music Matt is planning to release a solo album and Cody has been forming a new band are both planning on releasing new albums sooner than later. We have been selling our farewell "Albums" tshirt (which are almost sold out) and next week will launch our " THANK YOU FOR 8 YEARS" Photo / Memory book. Proceeds will go towards any remaining bills TDS may have and then split amongst the members and used to help record new music.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 112
02:22 PM on 04/01/14
Fourchordwonder
This whole thing was unstoppable
User Info.
I'm excited to hear Matt's solo record.
02:23 PM on 04/01/14
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
This should have been all that was released. Nobody gained anything but a quick spotlight from the cheap shots fired over the weekend.
02:23 PM on 04/01/14
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
RIP TDS

Also I give them less than three years until they're back
02:25 PM on 04/01/14
Punkstasteve1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm pretty sure that when Cody went to rehab, his counselor was Johnny Craig
02:26 PM on 04/01/14
JPA917
@JPA05
User Info.
fuck
02:28 PM on 04/01/14
Sean.Murphy
Stay Hungry, Stay Free
User Info.
great band. bummer.
02:29 PM on 04/01/14
Punkstasteve1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"Sadly, AJ has been selfish and picked his family over us. I'm going to startup a kickstarter to see if we can raise enough money to bribe him back"
02:30 PM on 04/01/14
Spencer Control
Will you catch me if I blow away?
User Info.
Reach for the Sun and War Paint were honestly life-changing, and, in a way, life-saving for me. And I guess it's a shame that I can't say more about it all... that this was coming was very clear, and, frankly, overdue. It's unfortunate, but undeniable, that it's healthier this way for all of the members of the band.

Thanks for some of the most meaningful music I've ever heard, guys. I wish I didn't have to say goodbye so soon, but I know that it's probably for the best.
02:31 PM on 04/01/14
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
bummer.

hopefully AJ can finally break away from Cody's bs and produce some great tunes without drama
02:33 PM on 04/01/14
wtfjaked
Tortoise Tamer
User Info.
I loved the music they released and it sucks they could never get their shit together. I feel they had the potential to be a lot bigger than they were.
02:33 PM on 04/01/14
t00latef0rr0ses
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
User Info.
This is quite the surprise.
02:34 PM on 04/01/14
Supernova
Stuck In An Elevator
User Info.
WFTS will always be wonderful, War Paint will always be great, and Golden Record will always be something I only listened to once.
02:37 PM on 04/01/14
fireandice31
User Info.
Outstanding bills? I wouldn't trust Cody with a cent of my money given his Kickstarter failures and alleged money-handling issues with the band. Everyone else in that band deserves every bit of support they can get.
02:41 PM on 04/01/14
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
War Paint is a jam, and yeah.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music