Username
Password
Tour Dates News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Tour Dates
Inside AP.net

Celebrities Being Paid to Attend Coachella

Posted by: Jason Tate (04/07/14)
I guess it's a big deal or a "scandal" or something in the blogosphere that some celebrities are being paid to go to Coachella and hang out this year. I'll continue not caring at all and being jealous no one pays me to show up places. Hey, McDonalds: I mouse over your banner ad at least once a day and blow my ear drums out -- a few free passes, yeah?
The Coachella music festival in California kicks off Friday, and while tickets are selling for hundreds of dollars online, Confidenti@l has learned how much celebs are being paid to attend the event. Lea Michele will earn a cool $20,000 from Lacoste to wear its clothes while she rocks out to headliners OutKast, Muse and Arcade Fire, while Vanessa Hudgens is being paid $15,000 by McDonald’s to hit the festival.

Some stars are still looking for companies to pony up the cash in exchange for plugging their products. We hear Aaron Paul is asking for $15,000 and at least 2 VIP passes, while Kate Bosworth is demanding double that. Joe Jonas is seeking somewhere under $20,000, while British fashion blogger Louise Roe wants $5,000 and three tickets. Coachella runs this coming weekend and April 18-20.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 45
07:06 PM on 04/07/14
Fourchordwonder
This whole thing was unstoppable
User Info.
Can't blame them. I'd attend a festival and wear almost anything that didn't have hate speech written on it for $20,000.
07:12 PM on 04/07/14
JuneJuly
Allez l'OL
User Info.
Ive never thought about this before, but I'm not surprised. $15k from McDonalds, though??
07:19 PM on 04/07/14
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Celebrities being paid as sponsors for companies, GET OUTTA TOWN!
07:19 PM on 04/07/14
jrockisthebest
jrock is my nickname
User Info.
07:20 PM on 04/07/14
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
I hope no one is mad at this. This is like... essentially what marketing is? Paying for your brands to get noticed by a lot of people who are gonna buy your stuff?
07:29 PM on 04/07/14
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
If anything I hope some of these celebs hype up certain artists and help get them more exposure.
07:29 PM on 04/07/14
saintnumberfive
Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping
User Info.
I'm jealous. Can't be mad at all. Famous people get tons of crap all the time. Have you guys seen the gift bags for the Academy Award losers???
07:44 PM on 04/07/14
J.Dick
User Info.
I hope no one is mad at this. This is like... essentially what marketing is? Paying for your brands to get noticed by a lot of people who are gonna buy your stuff?

It's certainly lame though and has little to nothing to do with alternative culture. Coachella seems to be full of assholes anyway.
07:49 PM on 04/07/14
ALT/MSC/FAN
Everything's Coming Up Milhouse
User Info.
I want to get this famous someday.
07:55 PM on 04/07/14
Stouffs
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
But seriously can we please get rid of that McDonalds add. It is actually one of the most annoying things about coming here.
07:56 PM on 04/07/14
emmx8D
Thanks Daaaaaaaaaan
User Info.
That McDonald's banner ad is the worst
08:12 PM on 04/07/14
subplotofcrows
A Small Spark Vs. A Great Forest
User Info.
that McDonalds ad. Ugh. Glad Adblock exists. Downloaded and installed it solely to block it.
08:22 PM on 04/07/14
thebestkylever
girls like status.
User Info.
So does Mcdonald's girl have carry around a soggy cheeseburger the entire time she's there?
08:32 PM on 04/07/14
Fil_22
User Info.
Someone send Aaron Paul a Title Fight shirt.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests