Username
Password

10:22 PM on 04/11/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Windows 8 was a good idea with poor execution. However, install StartIsBack or another app on it and it's perfect.
10:35 PM on 04/11/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
This is a thing? If I do get a surface 2, is this usable with it?
Probably only on the Surface 2 pro or whichever one comes with the full version of windows. I don't think Windows RT has one.

As for it being a thing, you tell me.
09:00 PM on 04/12/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
I got the start menu back but not having it really didn't effect me. For that matter I didn't use the start menu much in 7, you get used to just hitting the windows key typing the first couple letters of the app you want and hitting enter.
12:47 PM on 04/17/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
My little bro wants to get a 2-in-1 laptop/tablet for college, any recommendations?
The yoga line looks pretty good. Transformer books if he wants the keyboard to be removable.
06:16 PM on 04/17/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Thanks. I think he wants to be able to have a tablet but doesn't want a Surface as his main device, and he can't afford both a tablet and a laptop. If he was going into a creative field or something I'd probably try to sway him from a 2 in 1.
Yeah the surface pro is pretty pricey too and no one should get an RT. The one Jason posted isn't bad, not a fan of the Intel Atom line but they have been improving to an extent. Whatever he gets I would advice SSD and SSD only, you're losing out on some storage space to be sure but a mechanical hard drive is the most likely thing to break in any portable device. SSDs have been honestly the the single best advancement for computing, everything is so much faster and they are a lot more durable than HDDs now that the tech has matured.
07:42 PM on 05/20/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
I fucking hate that 3:2 aspect ratio, 16:9, 16:10 or fuck off.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos