1. How did you get your band name? The origin of the band name is kind of random. When Surviving The Charade first started out, our old singer just kind of said "Hey.. What about Surviving The Charade?" Later on though, we have more or less found our meaning for it. Basically, nobody ever does anything without gaining something from it. Companies are lying. Politics are lying. People are lying. Nothing is ever as it seems. We call this a charade, and the only way to succeed in it is to survive it. Now, we are not saying that we have in fact, survived the charade. But that's our goal.
2. How did this band get started? Surviving The Charade formed at a music high school in Stockholm, Sweden. As soon as Daniel joined the band, he reformed the rooster with people that actually knew how to play music and wanted to aim big.
3. What bands are you influenced by? Right now, we're influenced by the old Asking Alexandria songs, basically every fucking track from Disney and Attila, because break shit
fuck the law.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why? Mötley Crue, old Linkin Park, and Queen.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why? Beef jerky and beer.
6. Why should people listen to your band? We feel that we have developed a clean mix of clean vocals and screams.Also, we always work hard on our melodies to make them one of a kind.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with? Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank? We would thank our producer and friend, Dino Medanhodzic and our families. Oh, and Travelodge UK. We stayed there during our recording of this album and they only called the cops twice.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be? It's hard to say. In Sweden where we live, the genre is fucked up. There are so many "rules" and "guidelines" that needs to change. If you're not following the flavour of the month, labels aren't interested. That's why we need to get out of here.
10. Memorable tour experience? Our rhythm guitarist Viktor both shat and puked at the same time. That was fun.
11. What does AP.net mean to you? We hope to get recognition and more fans from your site. We also love what you're doing.
12. What is your favorite song to play? Well, we all can't agree on one song, so we're going to choose 3 songs. "Oh, We Crawl (Like Prisoners)" from our previous EP "WE REFUSE TO STAND IN LINE," "The Diary of Frosty Jack," which will be our first single from our new album, and "Shout, Walls, Shout!"
13. What is your vacation spot of choice? Where the sun is hot, where the booze is cheap, and where the girls are slutty.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood? Sum 41 and Linkin Park.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why? Turn water into whiskey.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals? Pre-show, we always try to find Viktor a few minutes before set. Post-show, Daniel almost always throws up from exhaustion.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you? Both Daniel & Simon are pre-school teachers. Also, we're nicer than people think.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish? No. Not in Sweden at least, giving the current taste of radio stations.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time? In our spare time we like to get smashed.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have? Our drummer Sebastian can do hand-stand push ups. He can also hook up with girls without speaking.