Username
Password

05:54 AM on 04/16/14 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Linksys has the worst technical service I have ever dealt with, trying to set up a router and my laptop can't find it for some reason, I'll post more info tomorrow if I still can't figure it out, hopefully someone has an idea.

I thought Linksys went out of business.. Haha. Their home routers have always been shit unfortunately >_>

Oh, just bought out by Cisco I guess
07:05 PM on 04/16/14 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
^ that show looks pretty funny, I'm gonna have to look into it
11:05 AM on 04/18/14 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
So my roommate is a property manager, and he brought home this Blu-Ray player that a tenant left behind. I hooked it up, and in a stupid moment, switched my Netflix mailing account to include BD discs (even receiving both movies yesterday) before realizing that there's no remote and unlike our DVD player, just hitting the play button doesn't do anything. Can I download some type of app or something for this? Or do I have to get a universal remote? Does the fact that it's a Samsung matter? Basically, I'm a complete idiot with shit like this, and I just want to watch Annie Hall.
Unfortunately, i think you're screwed. My roommate has a bluray up at our place with no remote and we've never been able to figure out how to get it working :/. Maaaybe there's an app for devices with an IR blaster, but I really don't know.
08:19 AM on 05/26/14 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
I asked this in the portable devices thread but idk how active that thread is

Does anyone use their ipod/portable device in their car? What do you use to play it? I have a classic and I don't even need anything that high of audio quality, just something that can play it and charge it at the same time because I have to drive long distances without good radio reception sometimes. My car doesn't have a tape deck so I'm kinda limited on what kinds I can get. I can only do it through the cigarette lighter. I've had two before but neither were great enough to repurchase.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002J5JGWM/absolutepunk-20/ I got this for my sister for Christmas a couple years ago, it works well enough! Sounded a bit muffled to me, but I haven't heard an FM transmitter that didn't. Other than that, I'd say your only other option is to purchase a cheap radio deck with an auxiliary plug and have a friend install it for ya
11:53 AM on 06/08/14 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Both of the HDMI monitors will display exactly the same picture, not sure if that's what you're going for but if that's it then yeah it should be okay.

What? You can totally set up dual monitors with HDMI the same way you can with VGA or DVI haha

Oh woops, got confused there, didn't see he was talking about using a splitter
10:17 AM on 08/24/14 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Does anybody have any hints or tips for cleaning up a Mac to increase speed? My '11 MBP has been running annoyingly slow lately, sometimes I boot it into Windows 7 just for the better performance.

I read that a cluttered desktop in Unix can actually slow things down, so I cleaned that up a bit, cleaned up about 35GB because I only had about 1GB free, and I've repaired disk permissions. Unfortunately, my IT program focuses mainly on Linux and sometimes Windows so I don't know too much about screwing around with this bad boy :)

Part of me just wants to downgrade back to Lion somehow if possible.. Mavericks seems to be around when these issues began
01:31 PM on 08/27/14 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Buy an SSD, if possible. You will see a huge performance increase. I bought one for my 6 year old MBP and it feels like brand new.

Hmm, this is a great idea. At the very least I could get small SSD with enough space for my OS and store files on my regular drive. With your laptop being a Mac, and Apple really not enjoying people modding their devices, is there anything special you had to do to get your laptop to detect the SSD? Is there a specific one made for apple products? I've really only tinkered with Desktop PCs before.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos