AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

10:09 AM on 05/14/14 
User Info.
thesinkingship
Can't get that engine turned over
Tralfamadorian
Suggestions for great anti-virus/malware programs?
10:20 AM on 05/14/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Suggestions for great anti-virus/malware programs?
Begin List of Anti Virus that doesn't Suck:
Malware Bytes
End List of Anti Virus that doesn't Suck.
10:58 AM on 05/14/14 
User Info.
thesinkingship
Tralfamadorian
I had the free version of malwarebytes previously. Is premium worth it?
10:59 AM on 05/14/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
I had the free version of malwarebytes previously. Is premium worth it?
If I remember correctly it's a $25 or $35 one time fee for use on up to three computers forever. If that's right, then absolutely just so you can schedule updates and scans.
11:04 AM on 05/14/14 
User Info.
thesinkingship
Tralfamadorian
Okay. It seems it's $25 but a 1 year subscription. Good for 3 PCs though.
03:22 PM on 05/14/14 
User Info.
Jbuch
California.
Male
I recently updated to OS X 10.6.8, I run pro tools 8 LE on this macbook, it was working fine until this morning when it said that "this version of pro tools LE is not compatable with this operating system". The thing is, it would work fine until the start up and would say "hardware is not detected" for the past few weeks, even though the Mbox was plugged in and working with every other audio program just fine. So it from starting up fine to not working at all, and avids support team is a joke, like I'm going to buy a 60$ support card just to have you answer my question after I spent over 1300$ in the past 4 years. Any help?
04:37 PM on 05/14/14 
User Info.
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
PNW
Female - 21 Years Old
Begin List of Anti Virus that doesn't Suck:
Malware Bytes
End List of Anti Virus that doesn't Suck.

Seriously the best. Its the only program I've used that can detect them. I'll know I have a virus and I'll run my computer through multiple programs and they come up with nothing. Malware Bytes is the only one that will ever detect viruses when I know something is wrong. I should dish out for premium.
05:58 PM on 05/14/14 
User Info.
eriatarka24
Kaspersky. I wouldn't ever use anything else.

http://usa.kaspersky.com/products-se...eativeID123 2
01:15 AM on 05/16/14 
User Info.
thursday727
Real Rock 'n' Rolla
Wick City, FL
Male - 25 Years Old
Was trying to reinstall Netflix app on my PC because it wasn't loading. When I was trying to login to the microsoft store to install it, Microsoft told me i needed to submit a security code they were going to send to my alternate email address to verify my identity. The thing is my alternate email is deactivated. I tried changing my alternate email to a new email but I think that made it worse because now it says someone else was trying to change my security info and even when i verify that was me they still say they need me to verify my identity by submitting a code sent to my old email that is deactivated. Now I think my microsoft account it locked out for 30 days.
08:02 PM on 05/17/14 
User Info.
perceptrons
[ ]
Was trying to reinstall Netflix app on my PC because it wasn't loading. When I was trying to login to the microsoft store to install it, Microsoft told me i needed to submit a security code they were going to send to my alternate email address to verify my identity. The thing is my alternate email is deactivated. I tried changing my alternate email to a new email but I think that made it worse because now it says someone else was trying to change my security info and even when i verify that was me they still say they need me to verify my identity by submitting a code sent to my old email that is deactivated. Now I think my microsoft account it locked out for 30 days.
Good luck. I've had nothing but terrible experiences with Microsoft on such matters.
09:00 AM on 05/20/14 
User Info.
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
Twin Cities, MN
Male - 25 Years Old
Does anyone here have a wordpress site that isn't hosted through wordpress? I'm trying to move to another hosting site and I have no idea what I'm doing.
10:56 AM on 05/20/14 
User Info.
eriatarka24
Does anyone here have a wordpress site that isn't hosted through wordpress? I'm trying to move to another hosting site and I have no idea what I'm doing.
This outlines the steps for it

http://en.support.wordpress.com/moving-a-blog/

These also might help:
http://www.labnol.org/internet/migra...-domain/12776/
http://mashable.com/2011/02/09/move-...press-com-org/
http://www.problogger.net/archives/2...-wordpressorg/
11:55 AM on 05/20/14 
User Info.
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
Twin Cities, MN
Male - 25 Years Old
Have you done this? My biggest source of confusion comes from never hosting a site before. I don't know shit about html, css, anything. The drawback of hosting with wordpress is that I can't use certain plug-ins and the ability to monetize the site further down the road is limited to only using AdWords.
12:08 PM on 05/20/14 
User Info.
Blueskyburning
done
No Avatar Selected
ESET/NOD32 is the best IMO.

If you use a combination of AV/Malware programs you'll probably be alright, but stuff like Avast/AVG/whatever-free-version simply does not compare, I can't count the amount of times that NOD32 has detected stuff that Avast/etc. simply does not know is there.

Malwarebytes is great, but if you are running that alone you are leaving yourself open, I'm sure the developers have even said on their forum that they recommend you run a proper AV suite along side.
05:20 PM on 05/20/14 
User Info.
eriatarka24
Have you done this? My biggest source of confusion comes from never hosting a site before. I don't know shit about html, css, anything. The drawback of hosting with wordpress is that I can't use certain plug-ins and the ability to monetize the site further down the road is limited to only using AdWords.
You don't have to know about coding to host a site or use the .org version of WordPress. Which hosting provider are you going to?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos