Username
Password

10:48 AM on 04/16/14 
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
How are these for running/misc. exercise?
They would work pretty well, since they come with a variety of little ear cups to make sure you can get a good fit. However, they're just regular hanging ones -- so the around the ear trick may work to keep them in place better. I've used them while running.

These get the "best exercice headphone" pick at the wire cutter:

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the...se-headphones/

But I've never tried them.
02:18 PM on 04/16/14 
User Info.
brook183
@brooks_an
Southgate, MI
Male - 23 Years Old
Sennheiser HD280 Pros
Thanks. You know what, looking at those, I feel like I may have worn those before for like a psychology study and I remember them being quite comfy. I may have to invest in a pair.
02:43 PM on 04/16/14 
User Info.
ominousnimbus
No Avatar Selected
Male - 26 Years Old
Surprised Grado hasn't come up for open cans. I enjoy my SR80s ($100).

Maybe I'm weird, but I can't live without clear, sparkling treble when I listen to music. My Klipsch bookshelf speakers with horn tweeters are among my most prized possessions. More sophisticated audiophile speakers and studio monitors that tend to roll off the highs just suck all the joy out of music, for me at least. I also remove the front grill from any speakers I use to reduce attenuation of the high frequencies, and notice a significant audible difference in doing so.

Anyway, Grado seems to be the closest thing you can get to that style when it comes to headphones. I still think Klipsch speakers sound better than Grado cans, though. Grados are a little too "gravel-ish" in the mids, and definitely lack bass. However, I still prefer them over the Beyers and AudioTechnicas I've tried.
03:47 PM on 04/16/14 
User Info.
Genuma
Plainfield, IL
Male
They would work pretty well, since they come with a variety of little ear cups to make sure you can get a good fit. However, they're just regular hanging ones -- so the around the ear trick may work to keep them in place better. I've used them while running.

These get the "best exercice headphone" pick at the wire cutter:

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the...se-headphones/

But I've never tried them.
Yeah I normally prefer the around the ear ones for running, but I never like the ones I end up buying. I might get those ones you linked though. Thanks!
06:31 PM on 04/16/14 
User Info.
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
Gainesville, FL
Male - 25 Years Old
Thanks. You know what, looking at those, I feel like I may have worn those before for like a psychology study and I remember them being quite comfy. I may have to invest in a pair.
They're what I use and I have a massive noggin haha.
09:23 AM on 04/20/14 
User Info.
Of Dust and Nations
So roll me further, bitch.
Lansing, MI
Male - 26 Years Old
Does anyone have any recommendations/suggestions on wireless music systems? I've looked at Sonos obviously, and while I'd love to go that route it'd cost me close to a grand (although, I am curious to hear thoughts if anybody has any).

Basically, I'd most simply like to be able to play anything off of my iPhone on speakers in every room in my apartment - anything else (different songs in different rooms, integration with PC libraries/Spotify, etc.) would be a bonus, but not necessary.
09:47 AM on 04/20/14 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
Does anyone have any recommendations/suggestions on wireless music systems? I've looked at Sonos obviously, and while I'd love to go that route it'd cost me close to a grand (although, I am curious to hear thoughts if anybody has any).

Basically, I'd most simply like to be able to play anything off of my iPhone on speakers in every room in my apartment - anything else (different songs in different rooms, integration with PC libraries/Spotify, etc.) would be a bonus, but not necessary.
You'll regret not doing Sonos if you do any other system.
04:12 PM on 04/22/14 
User Info.
Of Dust and Nations
So roll me further, bitch.
Lansing, MI
Male - 26 Years Old
You'll regret not doing Sonos if you do any other system.

Can you have mixed playlists (ie. playlists with Spotify and iTunes songs)?
04:15 PM on 04/22/14 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
Can you have mixed playlists (ie. playlists with Spotify and iTunes songs)?
Yeah. You can do pretty much anything.
05:16 PM on 04/22/14 
User Info.
duffe
_________________________ _____
Beaune, France
Male - 31 Years Old
at home : Grado SR80i and Sennheiser HD595.
with my Ipod : SoundMagic E10 and Sennheiser PX 100-II (I mostly use the SoundMagic)
06:46 PM on 04/22/14 
User Info.
tonyC4L
tech-savvy at-risk youth
Lake Forest, CA
Male - 26 Years Old
with my Ipod : SoundMagic E10 and Sennheiser PX 100-II (I mostly use the SoundMagic)
Just got a pair of Sennheiser PX 100-IIs last week and I'm really liking them so far. Mostly getting use from my iPhone (podcasts) and computer (TV shows) and they feel pretty great for that.
06:55 PM on 04/22/14 
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
Anyone store their headphones on a hook under their desk? Any recommendations?

Like this idea ... but don't trust an adhesive with my headphones ... without a screw/anchor system ... I'd be very worried to try this specific product.
07:51 PM on 04/22/14 
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member

Absolutely LOVE the sound of the Grado's I've tried out ... but they were really uncomfortable in my longevity tests.
07:51 PM on 04/22/14 
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
I find I focus so much better with headphones on then playing music through speakers ... anyone else?
07:52 PM on 04/22/14 
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
Surprised Grado hasn't come up for open cans. I enjoy my SR80s ($100).

Maybe I'm weird, but I can't live without clear, sparkling treble when I listen to music. My Klipsch bookshelf speakers with horn tweeters are among my most prized possessions. More sophisticated audiophile speakers and studio monitors that tend to roll off the highs just suck all the joy out of music, for me at least. I also remove the front grill from any speakers I use to reduce attenuation of the high frequencies, and notice a significant audible difference in doing so.

Anyway, Grado seems to be the closest thing you can get to that style when it comes to headphones. I still think Klipsch speakers sound better than Grado cans, though. Grados are a little too "gravel-ish" in the mids, and definitely lack bass. However, I still prefer them over the Beyers and AudioTechnicas I've tried.
I'm with you about treble, it's why I lean toward Klipsch and Beyerdynamic ... I find the treble more pleasing to my ears.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos