AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Tour Dates News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Fest 13 Adds Hot Water Music, Touché Amoré, Modern Baseball, Many More

Posted by - 10:07 AM on 04/15/14
The second lineup announcement from Fest 13 is in and (take a deep breath) Hot Water Music, Touché Amoré, Masked Intruder, Ben Nichols, Modern Baseball, Pianos Become The Teeth, a Spraynard reunion and more have been added to the lineup...adding to Descendents, Lifetime, Less Than Jake, Strike Anywhere, The Menzingers, Chuck Ragan, Banner Pilot, the Hotelier, Into It. Over It., a We Are The Union reunion and more. Here is the first announcement in case you missed it. Check out the full update in the replies (there are 200 bands so far!) and remember that tickets for Fest 13 (Oct. 31 - Nov. 2) and Pre-Fest in Little Ybor 2 (Oct. 29-30), along with hotels, go on sale this Sunday.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 27
10:07 AM on 04/15/14
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Today's UpdateWe are very excited that Hot Water Music has chosen to celebrate their 20 year anniversary with us – only Florida show to boot!

Also joining the party, Touché Amoré, Masked Intruder, Screaming Females, Ben Nichols, Modern Baseball, Pianos Become the Teeth, The Sidekicks, Everyone Everywhere, Tiltwheel, Smalltown (SE), Enabler,Rescuer, Runaway Brother, Shallow Cuts, Rational Anthem, Et Tu Brute, Three Man Cannon, The Hundred Acre Wood, Chalk Talk, SRVVLST, Arliss Nancy, Kittyhawk, Two Knights, Cicada Radio, Lindsey Mills, Close Talker, Junior Battles, Protagonist, Sunshine State, Teen Agers, Wet Nurse, The Bennies (AU) , The Shell Corporation, Stabbed in Back, Brian Marquis, Too Many Daves, Andrew Cream (Full Band), Arms Aloft, My Man, Nothing In The Dark, Placeholder, Rust Belt Lights, and the Duppies.

Also, Restorations, Worriers, Pale Angles, Cumulus as well as a special reunion from SPRAYNARD will be appearing at both FEST 13 (GAINESVILLE) and BIG PRE-FEST IN LITTLE YBOR 2 (YBOR/TAMPA).

That is your update for now. We will be announcing another batch of bands on 4/21/14, the day after everything goes on sale.

If you are first visiting the FEST 13 site, please keep reading to see who else is playing and get more info on how the party time will go down this year!

Cheers,

Tony and the FEST 13 Crew

Previously Announced ADDRESS
ALL DOGS
ALL EYES WEST
ALL PEOPLE
ALLISON WEISS
AMERICAN LIES
ANCHORS
APOLOGIES, I HAVE NONE
ASPIGA
ASTPAI
AWKWARD AGE
BURN/WARD
BANNER PILOT
BANQUETS
BARONS
BEACH SLANG
BEAR TRADE
BILLY LIAR
BOARDROOM HEROES
BOYS
BROADCASTER
BROADWAY CALLS
CAFFIENDS
CANDY HEARTS
CAPTAIN WE’RE SINKING
THE CAREENERS
THE CAULFIELD CULT
CAVES
CAYETANA
CEMENT MATTERS
CHEAP GIRLS
CHIXDIGGIT
CHRIS STOWE
CHUCK RAGAN
CHUMPED
CIGARETTE CROSSFIRE
CIRCLE TAKES THE SQUARE
COUNTERPUNCH
COURTESY DROP
DADS
DAN PADILLA
DEAD BARS
DEAR LANDLORD
DELAY
DESCENDENTS
THE DETECTORS
DIKEMBE
DIRECT EFFECT
DIRECT HIT
DIVIDED HEAVEN
DON BLAKE
DONOVAN WOLFINGTON
DOWSINGELWAY
EMPIRE! EMPIRE! (I WAS A LONELY ESTATE)
THE FAD
THE FLATLINERS
FOXING
FRAMEWORKS
FRANZ NICOLAY
GATES
GATEWAY DISTRICT
GNARWOLVES
GODDAMNIT
GREG REKUS
GROOVIE GHOULIES
GROSS
HELEN CHAMBERS
HOLD TIGHT!
THE HOLY MESS
HOSTAGE CALM
THE HOTELIER
INTO IT. OVER IT.
JENN FIORENTINO
KILL LINCOLN
KILLER WAVES
KITE PARTY
LATE BLOOMER
LAURA STEVENSON
LEAGUES APART
LEE COREY OSWALD
LEMURIA
LESS THAN JAKE
LIFETIME
LIPSTICK HOMICIDE
LITTLE BIG LEAGUE
LOOK MEXICO
LOW DÉRIVE
MA JOLIE
MALEMUTE KID
MANNEQUIN PUSSY
THE MARKED MEN
MATT WOODS
THE MENZINGERS
MIKEY ERG
MIXTAPES
MOCKINGBIRD WISH ME LUCK
MODERN LIFE IS WAR
MOONBEARD
MUNCIE GIRLS
THE MURDERBURGERS
MY DAD
NAI HARVEST
NEW STRANGE
NEW YEAR’S REVOLUTION
NIGHT BIRDS
NIGHTMARES FOR A WEEK
NO WEATHER TALKS
NONA
OLD FLINGS
OLD GRAY
PJ BOND
PENTIMENTO
PERDITION
PITY PARTY
PLACES TO HIDE
PRAWN
PROTECTED LEFT
RED CITY RADIO
ROGER HARVEY & THE WILD LIFE
ROTTING OUT
ROZWELL KID
SAD AND FRENCH
SAVE ENDS
SELF DEFENSE FAMILY
SIGNALS MIDWEST
THE SKY WE SCRAPE
THE SLACKERS
THE SMITH STREET BAND
SOMOS
SPANISH GAMBLE
STILL ALIVE
STRIKE ANYWHERE
SUCH GOLD
SURVAY SAYS!
TIM BARRY
TIMESHARES
TINY MOVING PARTS
TOTALLY SLOW
TWO HAND FOOLS
TYPESETTER
THE WALKING TARGETS
WE ARE THE UNION
WOLF-FACE
WORK WEAK
THE WORLD IS A BEAUTIFUL PLACE AND I AM NO LONGER AFRAID TO DIE
WRINGER
YOU BLEW IT!
YOU’LL LIVE
THE YOUNG LEAVES
YOUNG AND HEARTLESS
10:13 AM on 04/15/14
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
Going. So going. Holy shit, yes. First time for Fest, and this is a great lineup. Add Iron Chic or Latterman so I can cry a little.
10:18 AM on 04/15/14
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
Going. So going. Holy shit, yes. First time for Fest, and this is a great lineup. Add Iron a Chic or Latterman so I can cry a little.
Iron Chic always plays. They just gotta save some bands to announce later.

But yeah, given Great Lakes apparently got banned last year really just waiting Chic and Fake Problems confirmations at this point. Not sure if the lineup gets better each year or I just discover more and more fest bands but either way its seriously stacked.

Also fingers crossed that Junior Bs will have their new album out by then.
10:20 AM on 04/15/14
Chris Collum
User Info.
Fuckin hell that's a lot of great bands
10:22 AM on 04/15/14
ACA
Next Show: Jimmy Eat World 10/20
User Info.
So how does The Fest work exactly? Tons of bands playing tons of venues, and you get a wristband that gets you into any of the shows you want?
10:23 AM on 04/15/14
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.

But yeah, given Great Lakes apparently got banned last year really just waiting Chic and Fake Problems confirmations at this point. Not sure if the lineup gets better each year or I just discover more and more fest bands but either way its seriously stacked.

Same here haha. I asked my friends to come with me, and most of them said, "I don't know who any of these bands are besides like Descendents and IIOI."

I need cooler friends.
10:26 AM on 04/15/14
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.

If you're talking about Junior Battles, you're getting that record a lot sooner than you're expecting
So how does The Fest work exactly? Tons of bands playing tons of venues, and you get a wristband that gets you into any of the shows you want?
One wristband grants access all weekend to all Fest venues across Gainesville...usually about a dozen or so...and there is a master schedule.
10:48 AM on 04/15/14
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
If you're talking about Junior Battles, you're getting that record a lot sooner than you're expecting

One wristband grants access all weekend to all Fest venues across Gainesville...usually about a dozen or so...and there is a master schedule.
Cool beans. Fully expected we'd get an album from them this year, just never like assuming bands will get an album out and then be bummed when they don't.
11:01 AM on 04/15/14
Cursethishearse
@bradleyjp
User Info.
I'm seriously considering going to this.
11:06 AM on 04/15/14
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Yeah I really need to actually do it this year.
11:21 AM on 04/15/14
thecrimsonfoxes
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
4th year going! Def excited to catch old vets like touché, pianos, iioi and ready for some Nai harvest and everyone everywhere.
11:36 AM on 04/15/14
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
To an extent. The more venue-hopping you do, the longer you spend the day waiting on lines (and likely missing bands you're trying to see unless you get there an hour-plus in advance depending on the schedule).
12:04 PM on 04/15/14
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.

This makes me very happy.
12:06 PM on 04/15/14
ACA
Next Show: Jimmy Eat World 10/20
User Info.
To an extent. The more venue-hopping you do, the longer you spend the day waiting on lines (and likely missing bands you're trying to see unless you get there an hour-plus in advance depending on the schedule).
Do a lot of the (bigger) bands fill in quickly? So, if you wanted to see Hot Water Music, you'd probably need to be at that venue all day?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos