AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts
07:46 AM on 04/19/14
xtbs7645x
User Info.
Honestly this was my most successful year.. which is odd because, it was the one I was the least excited for. First year I actually got everything I wanted :) Anyway, $75 (semi-yikes) later I walked with this.

Chvrches - Recover [EP] (numbered 1111 out of 2500, ha stoked on the number)
The Zombies - Odessey And Oracle
David Bowie - 1984 [Single/Picture disc] (didn't even know this was out today, one of my favorite Bowie songs)
Paramore - Ain't It Fun [Single] (for my girlfriend, but awesome looking vinyl!)

Thought about getting the Nirvana single.. but Pennyroyal Tea isn't one of my favorites. Thought about the Chiodos single, but didn't seem necessary. Also, Chvrches and Bowie were a bit overpriced.. but I guess its expected.
07:53 AM on 04/19/14
xtbs7645x
User Info.
Just got home from Magnolia here in Columbus. It's bittersweet, but I don't think I'll have to make trips to any other store today, as the only things on my list that they didn't have were the "Paid in Full" 7" and the Chuck Inglish singles. I would have gone in on Childish Gambino and Biggie, but both were super pricey for releases that will eventually go wide.

I picked up:
Sunny Day Real Estate / Circa Survive 7"
Conor Oberst - Hundreds of Ways 7"
Conor Oberst / Dawes 7"
The Cure / Dinosaur Jr. 7"
Manchester Orchestra - Every Stone 7" (for $1.99!)
MGMT - Congratulations
Oasis - Supersonic
Husker Du - Candy Apple Grey
OutKast - Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik
I'm a huge MGMT fan, a part of me really wanted to pick them up.. but I already own them. I might have double dipped on Congrats, but I didn't actually see it :/
08:07 AM on 04/19/14
xtbs7645x
User Info.
How much was CHVRCHES? I'm in line now.
$20, seems a bit much for an EP. I mean sure its a 12", but I just bought a Lies 12" for like $13 online the other week.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos