AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Wonder Years News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Photos: The Wonder Years Sell Out Best Buy Theater in New York City

Posted by - 09:36 AM on 04/21/14
We were out at The Wonder Years' sold-out stop of The Greatest Generation Tour with Fireworks, Real Friends, Citizen and Modern Baseball in New York City on April 17, and our friend Sheri Berman came with us to shoot some photos. Check out the shots on our Facebook page. Now that the North American leg of this tour is over, we want to hear from you guys about your experiences at the stop you went to and what you thought of the tour package as a whole. Remember, if you're in Europe or the UK, The Greatest Generation Tour hits you in May.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 33
09:42 AM on 04/21/14
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Also, if you follow the band on social networks then you probably already saw this...but one of the coolest parts of that night was seeing this really awesome huge banner ad in Times Square with their names / faces on it: http://instagram.com/p/m6ScQaTYi4/

Thinking about writing something for this show and the Starland Ballroom show I saw the day after, but not sure yet. It was cool to see them play to so many people after only ever seeing them in Florida (where they did about 800 kids on this tour).
09:48 AM on 04/21/14
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
great concert. felt very old!
09:50 AM on 04/21/14
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
I was at the Anaheim show and TWY played a perfect set! Citizen was great too.
09:51 AM on 04/21/14
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
yeah i'd say citizen was certainly the band that surprised me the most. songs sounded great live, really made me appreciate the new album on a different level.
09:52 AM on 04/21/14
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Show was really great. I wish I could have went to more than one date

Seeing TWY play to a sold out 1800 cap venue was really incredible after watching them grow the past couple years. All the openers were great as well but I just wish Fireworks had a more receptive crowd

The 3 openers drew incredibly well though, it was pretty shocking
09:54 AM on 04/21/14
notetoself343
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Also, if you follow the band on social networks then you probably already saw this...but one of the coolest parts of that night was seeing this really awesome huge banner ad in Times Square with their names / faces on it: http://instagram.com/p/m6ScQaTYi4/

Thinking about writing something for this show and the Starland Ballroom show I saw the day after, but not sure yet. It was cool to see them play to so many people after only ever seeing them in Florida (where they did about 800 kids on this tour).
starland show was sick except that it had to stop twice, those poor people, other then that it was amazing
09:58 AM on 04/21/14
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.

Seeing TWY play to a sold out 1800 cap venue was really incredible after watching them grow the past couple years. All the openers were great as well but I just wish Fireworks had a more receptive crowd

i was there at the tail end of modern baseball's set and was shocked to see how crowded it already was, and how they knew all the words to "your graduation" pretty cool.
10:03 AM on 04/21/14
texan4lif281
User Info.
Great show, missed Modern Baseball though.
10:03 AM on 04/21/14
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.

legitimately have never seen an opening band get as much love on a tour as MoBo got on this one. even when there's only 3 bands playing, you never see that reaction.

The Wonder Years have always done a great job of stacking a package - think of Polar Bear Club / Transit / A Loss For Words / Evan Weiss / The Story So Far ... as well as even Fireworks / Hostage Calm / Misser - in a way that makes kids a lot more likely to show up for the openers. in this case, they got two bands that are undoubtedly among the most buzzing in their genres in MoBo and Real Friends. TWY is one of those bands right now that can pick and choose its tourmates and they're on a roll with creating fully appealing packages.
10:17 AM on 04/21/14
gjpinizz
Life With People
User Info.
i've never been so exhausted after a show
10:28 AM on 04/21/14
Amib70
You think of everything
User Info.
They put on a great show in Worcester. It's been interesting to see the crowds changing in the last few years, but I'm still happy to be in it every time they play in Mass. Really liked the big TGG banner behind them too. I think their live production will improve now that they're playing in bigger venues to bigger crowds, which is cool. I just hope they don't become one of those bands that tries to blind me with a huge lights display. That show at the Palladium was my 11th(?!) time seeing TWY and I am happy to say they just keep getting better. Love this band.
10:38 AM on 04/21/14
SJPrice99
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hit the hometown stop in Philly - The Electric Factory was AS packed/crazy as I've ever seen it, usually the same energy as a Brand New/TBS/TSL show in the mid 00s. I haven't seen a crowd THAT big embrace every opener like that since like the Drive Thru Tour days. Real Friends are going to be huuuuge.
10:50 AM on 04/21/14
loveisdead
LGJ
User Info.
I was there. Great great show. Every band put on a hell of a show.
11:10 AM on 04/21/14
untilitkills83
http://weusetolove.bandcamp.com
User Info.
the show in sayreville (although plagued with quite a few stops due to kids being dropped mid crowd surf) was awesome. Modern Baseball was spot on, Citizen was semi disappointing (sound levels didn't seem to have been checked), Real Friends was excellent, Fireworks was righteous and the Wonder Years set was insanely good!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos