BrentWalsh
Brent / I The Mighty
User Info.
We're here guys ask away!
05:00 PM on 04/22/14
BrentWalsh
Brent / I The Mighty
User Info.
Brent- is it true that you're working on a solo album?
Yes! It's true. I can't really say too much about it at this point, but it's being worked on when I have free time and I'm really stoked about it! My friend Jon Devoto (ex The Matches guitarist) is producing.
05:02 PM on 04/22/14
BrentWalsh
Brent / I The Mighty
User Info.
Thanks! Love spending my B day on the road!
05:02 PM on 04/22/14
BrentWalsh
Brent / I The Mighty
User Info.
Our tour manager ladies and gentleman.
05:06 PM on 04/22/14
BrentWalsh
Brent / I The Mighty
User Info.
Can't wait to see you guys play in Lansing, MI... Saw you guys with Coheed and killed it!

How'd coheed decide to approach you for the tour?
Well, we're not exactly sure to this day how that came to fruition, but we know that the fact that I have a tattoo and that we're on EVR helped. When I asked Josh about it he said that they chose us because they liked our music. Dreams come true.
05:08 PM on 04/22/14
BrentWalsh
Brent / I The Mighty
User Info.
When do we get part 1 of The Frame?!

Can't wait. Love you guys. Destroys my heart you won't be on my warped your date.
The Frame I is being tossed around in my head at the moment, but I wouldn't be surprised to find it on LP2. ;)
05:08 PM on 04/22/14
BrentWalsh
Brent / I The Mighty
User Info.
Happy Birthday, Brent. Hope to see you guys in Orlando.
see you soon bud
05:12 PM on 04/22/14
BrentWalsh
Brent / I The Mighty
User Info.
Can I ask what does the logo/symbol means? and who created it?
Ian actually created it shortly after we wrote the song "hearts and spades" many many years ago. It was a doodle that ended up taking on a life of its own and kind of organically became our logo. One thing we've never really pushed, but I always love seeing is when people throw it up with their hands at shows. It's kind of like a cult following thing at this point it seems... the people that have been following us the longest.
05:14 PM on 04/22/14
BrentWalsh
Brent / I The Mighty
User Info.
Is there going to be a commentary on the backgrounds of songs from Karma Never Sleeps EP like the ones u did with Satori?
There isn't an audio commentary, but I did do a written track by track of the songs and their meanings back when Karma came out. I'm sure a simple google will pop it up. :D
05:16 PM on 04/22/14
BrentWalsh
Brent / I The Mighty
User Info.
I'm seeing y'all May 4th. Any chance you play Technicolor or other stuff from the self titled EP?
Self titled acoustic EP, probably not... We're opening and don't have a set long enough to permit us to dig that far back into our discography. BUT I can promise you it's a high energy set packed with some hitters!
05:19 PM on 04/22/14
BrentWalsh
Brent / I The Mighty
User Info.
Happiest of birthdays Brent! I miss you all to an unhealthy extent.
What are some of the weirdest or coolest things that fans bring you at shows?
What would you like fans to bring you?

The vinyls look amazing. I'll try to grab one of those blue ones asap.
One time a girl brought me a birthday cake shaped like a guitar...that also came with a bible... But sometimes people bring us really awesome fan art that was inspired by a song or lyric and we take much pride in hanging them decoratively in "casa de Mighty.' Huge thank you to anyone who's ever brought us any food/art/hugs! It means a lot.
05:22 PM on 04/22/14
BrentWalsh
Brent / I The Mighty
User Info.
What bands would you guys like to tour with in the future
Definitely not a lot like birds.

JK

Ummm we would love to go out with a LOT of different bands. Some names we've jokingly/seriously thrown around recently are

PTV
Circa
the used
thrice reunion tour
ALLB
Hail the sun
The dear Hunter
Enter Shikari
Bring me the horizon
05:25 PM on 04/22/14
BrentWalsh
Brent / I The Mighty
User Info.
What are your personal favorite songs you wrote?
A lot of the songs on Satori are really dear to me.

Embers
Keep Breathing
Between the lines
4 letter words to name a few

we have some old stuff im really attached too as well

The dreamer
These streets are alive
hearts and spades

this song called Karma Keepers thats on our first release which is an acoustic EP thats on Itunes.

they kind of change over time, lol
05:27 PM on 04/22/14
BrentWalsh
Brent / I The Mighty
User Info.
How did this tour come to you guys. Given the bit of style difference of the rest of the band's on the bill.
It basically came about through our relationship with Jason and the guys in Letlive. We played show with them a while back in New orleans and ended up painting the town that night and bonding. We've been talking about hitting the road together ever since and we're very stoked we could make it happen! Its gonna be a blast!
05:29 PM on 04/22/14
BrentWalsh
Brent / I The Mighty
User Info.
Hey guys, you played a fantastic show at Bottom of the Hill a few months back.

I noticed that Brent has some in-ear monitors. I've been looking into finding some myself, but they're a tad expensive. What do you use? And about how much should I expect to pay for a similar pair?

And I'm really happy you guys finally pressed vinyl!
I actually don't have in ear monitors, I'm too poor. I just had custom ear plugs molded to my ears which only cost about 150 I believe. The in ears will come with time, but for now, it's part of the fun struggling to hear myself on stage hahaha. Feels more like a raw rock show.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos