Second Rate Angels - 04.03.14
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Second Rate Angels
1. How did you get your band name?
Chris came up with the name at school when he was 15. He kept it till he found the band he wanted to share the name with. Luckily we all really liked the name.
2. How did this band get started?
The band formed out of the ashes of Matt and Andy's old band Arcane. Chris joined in just before the singer left. Originally they were just looking for a new vocalist, but when Dave joined the bass player decided to leave too. The line-up had changed so much in the last year it was soon obvious that this was a very different band than Arcane.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
We have lots of different influences: Dave is into punk, Matt's an old school metal head, Chris is all about modern metal, and Andy loves his Scandinavian metal.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be?
Dave – I would love to tour with bands like A Wilhelm Scream or any or the old school Fat Wreck bands.
Chris – Parkway Drive.
Matt – Killswitch Engage.
Andy – Any and all 80s pop groups.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Being in a band with 2 chefs certainly has its perks but nothing beats a good pot noodle.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
I’d say it’s cause we manage to combine being heavy with melodic. Not too many metal bands keep it melodic nowadays - we do, and everyone is a sucker for a good melody.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Exercise really isn’t very high on anybody's agenda and none of us are massive sports fans.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Our mums and ourselves.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Manufactured bands and shows like X-Factor would be gone.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Andy got jumped by a rather large lady. We thought we had lost him, but he managed to escape her lips after the longest kiss any of us has witnessed.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
First it’s a good way off seeing what new bands there are around and what the general consensus of said band is. And secondly, it’s a great place for new bands as they get checked out. Invaluable stuff for new bands.
12. What is your favourite song to play?
It's normally the latest song we've written.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Anywhere we are on tour.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The ability to have people do what I ask. We’d never have trouble filling another venue.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
We don’t like playing unless Andy is sporting knee high socks. No, really.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Matt is actually a girl in nearly every aspect, except the genitals he was bestowed with.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
National radio is pretty poor and banal and not really worth listening to. There are however so many good alternative stations and internet stations that keep the radio viable and thankfully don’t play the same generic crap the main stream claim is good. I would like to think we would do well on the alternative radio stations. We are melodic enough to have a wide appeal.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
We are all able to organise a piss up in a brewery... well, just about.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |