Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
11:04 PM on 04/22/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Excellent review Thomas, glad to see you cover this especially with your OTIP review being one of my all-time favorites on the site.

This is a great album, but it hardly comes close to making me feel the way OTIP did. I love the record's beginning and end, but I feel like several of the midtempo tracks (the three-song sequence of "Where Your Heartache Exists," "My Friend Kyle," and "Transient Love") are flimsy and forgettable compared to the rest of the band's stellar discog. At the same time, the first three tracks, "Nothing Feels Good Anymore" and "When You Die" (which I also found Dylan-esque) are some of the ban's best material to date.

All in all, good review, good record, great dudes, but probably not enough replay value to be one of my favorites of the year.
12:11 AM on 04/23/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
i love the fuck out of this album and dont understand where all of the backlash is coming from. like somehow making a perfect straightforward punk rock album is a bad thing? these songs are all amazing and more than a couple stack up to my favorites from OTIP. its just weird seeing the amount of people ive seen say they dont like the album
I think the subjective key term there would be what you consider 'perfect'. There are a lot of great songs here, but some fall very very far from being 'perfect' in a lot of fan's/critic's eyes.

I just happened to not expect a perfect record, nor do I believe it needs to be. It gets its point across well enough, and I don't think that solid straightforward punk record is a bad thing at all. I don't not like it; I just don't love it.
08:25 AM on 05/16/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
i'm sad to say it never did for me.
It didn't for me, either.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives