Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
11:31 PM on 04/22/14
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
User Info.
I would have given this about a 7 or 7.5. I think it's a huge letdown from OTIP, which is a damn near flawless record. It's not that it's a bad record by any means, it's just remarkably unremarkable and the band loses all of the dynamic and emotional qualities that make them so much better than they are on this album. Straight, safe, boring. They're still good songs and I'd still rather listen to The Menzingers than most bands, but this album is such a step backwards for them. Maybe Tom doesn't want to compare albums to each other, but that's what happens, and even if I grade this album on individual merit it still comes off as nothing less than a colossal disappointment. At the end of the day, when I put on OTIP after listening to Rented World, I realize that there isn't a single song on this album that tops ANY song on the album before, and many on the one before that. I hope this is a post-hype slip and not a career trend.
09:33 AM on 04/23/14
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
User Info.
7 or 7.5 is a bad record? There are good songs but its a bad album? On The Impossible Past was great but it does have Ava House which isn't very good and Chamberlain Waits is still their best record but all their records are at least very good if not great.
Sorry, that's a typo. Should have been it's NOT that it's a bad record by any means.
07:51 AM on 05/16/14
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
User Info.
i'm sad to say it never did for me.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music