Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 11 posts.
11:11 PM on 04/22/14
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
I seriously love this album and agree that it can't really be compared with OTIP and I'm glad the band feels the same way. Side A is definitely my preferred side of the album, but it closes so strong with "When You Died." "Transient Love" is a song that I've constantly caught myself going back to. My current AOTY.

Also, I'm sure you meant to have to in between test and their in the second sentence.
I actually meant "of," but either way thanks for pointing that out. Edited it.
08:44 AM on 04/23/14
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
08:47 AM on 04/23/14
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
I've only listened to it once but I'm not really feeling it, idk
yeah...yr gonna have to listen more than once. if i reviewed this after one listen it would have been a negative review. the expectations you have weigh too much on your first go-through.
09:59 AM on 04/23/14
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Great review, and great album. I completely disagreed with your Transit review (their best work, IMO) but I think you nailed it here.

Except that From Here to Infirmary is garbage.
that transit record sounds worse than a lot of demos i've heard
08:26 PM on 04/23/14
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Agreed that they are probably the best, of all the bands playing Fest I will do everything I can to make sure I catch their set. Ultimately I like both records, but I feel like this one is more of a grower. I instantly liked OTIP the second I heard it, this one has taken repeated listens.
them playing Fest is unlike them playing anywhere else - 2K people going crazy
08:27 PM on 04/23/14
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
surprised no one's mentioned the absolutely massive Weezer influence here
I noticed that a bunch of places were saying that so I left it out in favor of the general "shimmering '90s alt-rock" reference. Personally I think Smashing Pumpkins reside in this album as much or more than Weezer.
07:21 AM on 04/24/14
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Have you ever listened to Smashing Pumpkins?
yes, what do you need
07:32 AM on 04/24/14
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
“The Talk” is a short blast of fun that sounds like ‘90s Green Day covering a Ramones song

same
02:26 PM on 04/24/14
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
I'm glad I got to see them at the Atlantic right after OTIP came out. I was too old to get knocked around in the pit then, but at least it was only a hundred and fifty people.
Are you talking about when they were on tour with Cheap Girls? I remember their tour (not during Fest) coming through Gainesville and there literally being like maximum 50 people there...that was supporting OTIP
12:38 PM on 04/28/14
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
We've got an interview with the band up now.
I think of going on Spotify and looking into the first 20 seconds of something and saying, 'Yeah, it's not for me. I'm gonna put something else on.' It's just that quick. When you had to go to a record store and buy a record, you're almost semi-forced to like it because you just paid $14 for it. Now people are really, really quick to write things off without giving time for an album to really breathe. ... It's just a weird spot for bands that want to try new things without people immediately writing it off.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests