AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Streaming News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Stream New Junior Battles Song "Rafts"

Posted by - 03:47 PM on 04/23/14
Junior Battles new album Rally will hit stores on May 27th. Redbull is premiering the song with some more info from the band and/or you can hear it in the replies.
"In the past, a lot of Junior Battles songs dealt really deliberately with the uncertainty of your early 20s -- trying to figure out how to be a decent adult who still can tour and pay rent and still go to shows on weeknights," says singer/guitarist Sam Sutherland. "When we started writing 'Rally,' things had changed. We had stopped touring as much, and the anxiety of 'Idle Ages' was fading. In its place, we found ourselves writing more broadly about our place in the world and the kind of people we felt ourselves becoming. Also sports."

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 18
03:48 PM on 04/23/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
04:01 PM on 04/23/14
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
i just love this band
04:19 PM on 04/23/14
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
Wow Junior Battles LP2 was one of my most anticipated of 2014 and that song was a complete let down. Very bland/boring and a huge regression from idle ages. Hopefully the rest of the record doesn't sound like this
05:01 PM on 04/23/14
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
Really dig this song. Looking forward to more!
05:54 PM on 04/23/14
RazorCrusade
User Info.
Wow Junior Battles LP2 was one of my most anticipated of 2014 and that song was a complete let down. Very bland/boring and a huge regression from idle ages. Hopefully the rest of the record doesn't sound like this
Don't worry, dude, they say the worst is yet to come.

Both songs from the EP they released a couple years ago are also on this album. So if you don't like any of these three songs, then you probably won't like the album, I'd guess. I personally love all three, so I'm set!
06:07 PM on 04/23/14
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
I loved Idle Ages. Not a big fan of this song, but I did like the 2 EP tracks. Looking forward to hearing more.
06:36 PM on 04/23/14
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Looking forward to this, another one of the many bands I have to make sure I finally catch at Fest.
07:01 PM on 04/23/14
avarice14
A Waste Of A Time
User Info.
I loved Idle Ages. Not a big fan of this song, but I did like the 2 EP tracks. Looking forward to hearing more.
This is me, the two songs from last year are two of their best/on the record though, so it'll probably be fine.
07:01 PM on 04/23/14
avarice14
A Waste Of A Time
User Info.
Also I really hope the sport in question is HOCKEY
07:32 PM on 04/23/14
The Revisionist
Loves shittyass pop music
User Info.
Idle Ages was my top album of 2011, so maybe my expectations were a little out of wack, but this song is super boring. I hope the rest of the album is loads better than this, these guys are super nice.
07:41 PM on 04/23/14
ViTOP
http://twitter.com/VitoPagano
User Info.
I tell everyone I meet "Idle Ages" is prolly the best record you have never heard.

Super Stoked for this record and I like the new song!
07:44 PM on 04/23/14
InfiniteArms
Let me be your superhero
User Info.
I was about to ask if this was the same band that released Idle Ages, but looking at the previous comments, it evidently is. Not feeling this at all. Part of me hoped this was a different band, or a different lead singer or something.
07:47 PM on 04/23/14
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
Looking forward to this, another one of the many bands I have to make sure I finally catch at Fest.
I hope you're prepared for the fact that you aren't going to be able to catch everyone. Just too many good bands and not enough time. Last year Junior Battles set was at the same time as both No Trigger and Direct Hit.

That being said, Junior Battles are fantastic live and one of the bands I always try to see at Fest regardless of who they're up against
10:53 PM on 04/23/14
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
I hope you're prepared for the fact that you aren't going to be able to catch everyone. Just too many good bands and not enough time. Last year Junior Battles set was at the same time as both No Trigger and Direct Hit.

That being said, Junior Battles are fantastic live and one of the bands I always try to see at Fest regardless of who they're up against

Yes, I'm aware of that, still Junior Battles are at the top of my list and I still haven't seen them. Saw No Trigger open for Set Your Goals and Daggermouth in 2007 and while I'd like to see them again at least I saw them. Direct Hit! are actually coming here in June with A Wilhelm Scream so I know I'll be skipping them for sure. If Banner Pilot is playing the same time as Junior Battles, unfortunately I'll have to skip them though. That's the big exception at this point, haha.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos