|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Vain & Valor
Questions answered by drummer Alonzo Iniguez
1. How did you get your band name?
Vain & Valor was made up by Jesse (bass) and our former guitarist Erick. It's actually a line in a Converge song.
2. How did this band get started?
Jesse and I met through some mutual friends and started jamming in my garage. We were both pretty fed up with our old bands and decided to start something new. We both liked a lot of the same bands and interest so it made quitting our old bands fairly easy.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Definitely bands like Refused, At The Drive In, and Sparta.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Refused, At The Drive In, The Chariot, Dillinger Escape Plan. Any band that goes nuts live basically!
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Anything that won't get you sick. Easily. That's the most important thing to avoid. I learned the hard way.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Even though the lyrics are really personal to Sebastian (our vocalist),they're still pretty relate-able since a lot of people go through similar things and I think it's important for people to know that there are other people out there who genuinely feel the same way and can relate.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Probably Blake Griffin. The 10 year old me always wanted to dunk.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
A guy named Damian for making it possible for me to meet Jesse and then go on to meet Basti. Without that friend I'm not sure this band would even exist!
9. Memorable tour experience?
Our very first weekender I was locked outside of the van half naked in the middle of nowhere at 3am. It was hilarious for everyone inside the van I'm sure, but for me it was one of those "Mom get me a grey hound ticket. I'm coming home!" moments.
10. What does AP.net mean to you?
AP.net is a great outlet for new and established bands alike, and a place that lends a helping hand to those bands. So, I guess you could say AP.net is something like a friend...to bands...with good music taste.
11. What is your favorite song to play?
"As I Walk" is a really fun song to play. It's one of the first songs we wrote and really easy to get into. Everyone in the band is pretty handy. Not much we can't and won't fix haha.
12. What music reminds you of your childhood?
I listened to a lot of Sublime when I was younger because of my dad, and a lot of Metallica because of my mom. So, any Metallica or Sublime song can bring back some pretty good memories of my childhood.
13. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
We never practice the day before or the day of a show. We did that once and it led to one of the worst sets we've ever played. So since then it's been a little rule of ours.
14. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I was born in Mexico and actually most of the band is from a different country. The most un-American American band. Basti, our vocalist is from Germany; Tom (guitar) is from England; and Jesse (bass) is Honduran.
15. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
None of us really listen to the radio but I'm sure it could use some heavy bands.
16. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Hang out with friends go to shows and watch tons of wildlife specials. Everyone in the band has a soft side for animals.
17. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Doing band interviews, haha.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |