AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Tour Dates News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Mineral Announce Reunion Tour Dates: NYC, D.C., Boston, Philly,...

Posted by - 08:08 AM on 04/24/14
Mineral has announced seven reunion shows to celebrate their 20th anniversary; these are their first shows in 17 years. Emo mayor Into It. Over It. is opening all dates, and tickets will go on sale tomorrow, Friday, April 25, at 11am. Check the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 41
08:08 AM on 04/24/14
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
09-05 New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom
09-06 New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom
09-09 Washington, DC - Black Cat
09-10 Boston, MA - Brighton Music Hall
09-11 Philadelphia, PA - Union Transfer
09-12 Cleveland, OH - Grog Shop
11-02 Gainesville, FL - The Fest 13
08:11 AM on 04/24/14
Spencer Control
Yeah I still burn from time to time
User Info.
Philadelphia hell yessss
08:12 AM on 04/24/14
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
god dammit bring that shit to the westtttt
08:12 AM on 04/24/14
Liciakasher
This is where the fish lives
User Info.
I said this in the other thread: If this was five years ago, I'd be crying. They're my favorite band of all-time. But now that I've thought more about it, and seen how other emo reunions played out, I'm not excited. If anything, I'm scared. Chris Simpson told me a few years ago during my "MINERAL NEEDS TO COME BACK!!!" phase that their records were a time and a place, both of which are gone now. I didn't understand then, but I do now. It's been 16 years. None of it will be like it used to and I really don't think this younger generation of listeners entirely understands what emo in general was about when it was around, but that's a different rant all together.
08:13 AM on 04/24/14
Fourchordwonder
Love was a war worth fighting.
User Info.
I'd put money on Riot Fest, since it's the weekend after those dates.

Oh my god I'm seeing Mineral.
08:17 AM on 04/24/14
bigcoaster95
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I may be in the minority here but I discovered Mineral last year when I was just going through bands on spotify and I fell in love. I'll hopefully make it out to the philly date.
08:19 AM on 04/24/14
JayDanielHammer
then-now-maggle.tumblr.com
User Info.
Not even close to MN. But I hope someday.
08:20 AM on 04/24/14
T.E.N Fan
thelastwordisrejoice.
User Info.
Fuck yes best venue in Philadelphia. Going
08:22 AM on 04/24/14
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
I'd put money on Riot Fest, since it's the weekend after those dates.

Oh my god I'm seeing Mineral.
dude, if American Football AND Mineral end up playing that god damn festival, i am flying out from Utah and going. i don't even care if anyone else comes with me. once in a lifetime opportunity.
08:23 AM on 04/24/14
panicbxmb
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I said this in the other thread: If this was five years ago, I'd be crying. They're my favorite band of all-time. But now that I've thought more about it, and seen how other emo reunions played out, I'm not excited. If anything, I'm scared. Chris Simpson told me a few years ago during my "MINERAL NEEDS TO COME BACK!!!" phase that their records were a time and a place, both of which are gone now. I didn't understand then, but I do now. It's been 16 years. None of it will be like it used to and I really don't think this younger generation of listeners entirely understands what emo in general was about when it was around, but that's a different rant all together.

I get what ya mean. A few years ago I saw The Promise Ring perform at Bamboozle, and people in the crowd were actually booing and heckling them.

One of the most influential 90's emo bands ever, getting shit on by a bunch of 16 year olds. The band kept their cool and played a great set, but that crowd was shitty to them.
08:23 AM on 04/24/14
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
so very cool
08:25 AM on 04/24/14
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
holy shit, Evan must be beyond stooooked to be opening these shows!
08:26 AM on 04/24/14
T.E.N Fan
thelastwordisrejoice.
User Info.
I get what ya mean. A few years ago I saw The Promise Ring perform at Bamboozle, and people in the crowd were actually booing and heckling them.

One of the most influential 90's emo bands ever, getting shit on by a bunch of 16 year olds. The band kept their cool and played a great set, but that crowd was shitty to them.

Like a lot of the younger crowd jump over the roots and influential emo bands to the new stuff. Even though I am part of the younger crowd, I started listening to emo with the roots of the genre. And honestly I'm really glad I did that because those roots are in my opinion the greatest bands in the genre.
08:29 AM on 04/24/14
bigcoaster95
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Like a lot of the younger crowd jump over the roots and influential emo bands to the new stuff. Even though I am part of the younger crowd, I started listening to emo with the roots of the genre. And honestly I'm really glad I did that because those roots are in my opinion the greatest bands in the genre.
Yeah I'm 18 and of course I grew up listening to MCR and TBS and that stuff but I went out and found the bands that inspired that scene and fell in love with the roots. I get that a lot of the younger crowd won't "get it" but who really cares? They won't go to the shows, this is for the fans that love Mineral and they can go see a band they thought they will never see or havent seen in a long time. It's a win win for everyone.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos