Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts
04:26 PM on 04/28/14
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
Did this site have a best of 2004? I remember Tate's best was ... Is A Real Boy, but was there a consensus site opinion? Because PunkNews' was American Idiot and I felt maybe that could have been top of both lists. Also in 2006 The Devil and God was top of PunkNews and could have been for AP.net as well. Any help?
07:12 PM on 04/28/14
Steeeve Perry
User Info.
shocked that Punknews chose American Idiot in 04. i personally am a fan of that album but just really surprised that site chose it
Yeah I was too. They chose System of a Down one year (maybe the one before)... these days it's usually a tiny band like Restorations or Joyce Manor when they were starting out.
Also, the year OTIP came number 1 I think Handwritten was 2 on both lists. Cray cray.
07:15 PM on 04/28/14
Steeeve Perry
User Info.
Looks like Dog Problems got #1 in 2006. I can't help with '04, but I don't think that people around here like American Idiot enough to vote it #1.
Thanks for posting that, I had no recollection. Boys and Girls in America, Oh Calcutta, the Saosin s/t and A City By The Light Divided were very underrated on that list. +44 way overrated, although Baby Come On was a good song.
07:21 PM on 04/28/14
Steeeve Perry
User Info.
Agreed. That was a fantastic year looking back on it.
I'm sure I have read Tate say he chose Siren Song by Rise Against as his favourite record of 2004 but this is it here: http://www.absolutepunk.net/journal....owentry&e=8075

Also, I didn't think AP.net would vote for American Idiot either, but I thought the same about PunkNews.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos