Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

Pop-Punk Nostalgia? Larger Than Life

Posted by: Jason Tate (05/08/14)
Am I the only person in the world that remembers the pop-punk band Larger Than Life? I was going through some old files on my computer and came across their EP If Tomorrow Never Came -- with the "resurgence" in pop-punk I feel like I should randomly submit bands that flew way under the radar before to Tumblr blogs and see if I can't get them some buzz. These guys, Unsung Zeros, The Goodwill ... someone would bite, right? Anyway, I tossed If Tomorrow Never Came up on SoundCloud and you can stream it in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 67
01:08 PM on 05/08/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
01:13 PM on 05/08/14
The Old Black
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Don't remember these guys but I definitely dug Unsung Zeros. Saw them in Chicago once.
01:16 PM on 05/08/14
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Never listened to these guys, but Unsung Zeros were awesome. This sounds pretty cool too.
01:16 PM on 05/08/14
mattXcaratachea
User Info.
Yes! I still throw on some Larger Than Life and Unsung Zeros now and then. Love those bands for sure!
01:18 PM on 05/08/14
Johnny Minardi
User Info.
Great idea dude. Unsung Zeros were the shit. I was recently sent their unreleased 5 song EP that they finished before they broke up. WAY ahead of its time and would be big if it came out under a new name.
01:20 PM on 05/08/14
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
I was talking to my friend the other day about these guys and our other super old pure volume bands. Weird.
01:20 PM on 05/08/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Great idea dude. Unsung Zeros were the shit. I was recently sent their unreleased 5 song EP that they finished before they broke up. WAY ahead of its time and would be big if it came out under a new name.
Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that. Unsung Zeros were awesome. I overplayed the shit out of that "Moments from Mourning" album.
01:25 PM on 05/08/14
burnstarsteve
Swimmin' with bow-legged women
User Info.
LTL was one of my favorite bands back in high school. Those dudes had so many jams and they were awesome live.
01:26 PM on 05/08/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
LTL was one of my favorite bands back in high school. Those dudes had so many jams and they were awesome live.
I feel like those of us in California for a very specific period of time saw them live a bunch (saw them multiple times at Chain Reaction -- great show) ... and no one else ever did. Haha.
01:27 PM on 05/08/14
Johnny Minardi
User Info.
Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that. Unsung Zeros were awesome. I overplayed the shit out of that "Moments from Mourning" album.
Hell yeah! Fun fact: When I was starting LLR, I offered my first two deals to Unsung Zeros and Aberdien. Both turned me down.
01:28 PM on 05/08/14
Johnny Minardi
User Info.
And I'll just say this here since it's appropriate: Rest in peace MP3.COM!
01:28 PM on 05/08/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
And I'll just say this here since it's appropriate: Rest in peace MP3.COM!
Pouring out some coffee for my homies.
01:29 PM on 05/08/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Hell yeah! Fun fact: When I was starting LLR, I offered my first two deals to Unsung Zeros and Aberdien. Both turned me down.
Oh man, that's hilarious ... who was officially the first? Beckett? Last time he was in town we were reminiscing about that entire world and period.
01:32 PM on 05/08/14
Johnny Minardi
User Info.
Oh man, that's hilarious ... who was officially the first? Beckett? Last time he was in town we were reminiscing about that entire world and period.
Official first was 504plan but while they were making their record, we signed August Premier and put that out first since it was ready to go. Ahhh the glory days!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests