Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 50
11:01 AM on 05/09/14
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Daggermouth! Gob. Belvedere.

I liked alllll these bands so much.

Totally had forgotten about Trebel Chatger.

Yeah, it wasn't until I started thinking about this feature that I really started thinking about Treble Charger, haha. Loved them back in the day though, apparently they reunited during Canadian Music Week in 2012, but I don't think they have plans for another record and haven't played many shows since.

I put in the Rdio and Spotify versions at the bottom, but they're here as well:

It looks like the Spotify web player is down, but if you pop the link into your desktop player, it'll come up.

Thanks Anthony!
11:01 AM on 05/09/14
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
Prozzak - Sucks to Be You. Haha.
11:04 AM on 05/09/14
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
Great picks, Deborah! I still love Gob to this day. No shame in that. Treble Charger released a handful of great stuff, too, but never got the success Sum 41 found in the U.S. even though Wide Awake Bored is a solid pop-punk album.

Also, that's my favorite LWL song by far. Fun to flashback to Not By Choice and Belvedere, too. Those bands haven't aged well for me, but I went through a period in my life where I thought I was so cool for knowing obscure Canadian punk rock haha
11:11 AM on 05/09/14
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Great picks, Deborah! I still love Gob to this day. No shame in that. Treble Charger released a handful of great stuff, too, but never got the success Sum 41 found in the U.S. even though Wide Awake Bored is a solid pop-punk album.

Also, that's my favorite LWL song by far. Fun to flashback to Not By Choice and Belvedere, too. Those bands haven't aged well for me, but I went through a period in my life where I thought I was so cool for knowing obscure Canadian punk rock haha

Awesome! Yeah, it's kinda interesting how Sum 41 really clicked in the US and Treble Charger didn't. Either way Greig produced some of their most popular records and was essentially the fifth member of that band, even had a matching 41 tattoo, haha. He left with Dave and Sum 41 just hasn't been the same since.
11:16 AM on 05/09/14
marchofmarty
SPINE, THIGH, AND BREAST
User Info.
Rhythms is the perfect choice for Sum 41.
11:21 AM on 05/09/14
Passion Man
User Info.
man, sum 41 has a place in my heart too. "Rhythms" pumped me up before school haha, must have played that song a billion times or more. I remember thinking how much I related to "it's a rhythm that you go through"...like how HS is just an obstacle I go through and who cares if I'm wierd, just be you... or something silly like that. I remember someone asked me what I listened to and I could only list off "sum 41"...lol.They were the only band I listened to for a while. Literally, no other bands or artists. I remember my mom thinking that "chuck" was a bad album because one of the songs had "hell" in the title. I thought "pieces" was the greatest, most emotional song on earth. This band brings back so many memories...sum 41 was the first band I got into in depth and even though they aren't what they used to be, I'll always love them.

For another canadian pop punk band, and I know people hate them, but I enjoyed the first Simple Plan album back in the day.
12:13 PM on 05/09/14
trevorshmevor
User Info.
Body

Fucking

Jar
12:17 PM on 05/09/14
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
Awesome! Yeah, it's kinda interesting how Sum 41 really clicked in the US and Treble Charger didn't. Either way Greig produced some of their most popular records and was essentially the fifth member of that band, even had a matching 41 tattoo, haha. He left with Dave and Sum 41 just hasn't been the same since.
QFT. One of the quicker falls from grace in the modern music era. I feel bad for Cone haha

I think Gob is supposed to release a new album this year sometime.
12:18 PM on 05/09/14
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
They're from Australia -- not to mention, they released an album last year that is terrific.
12:21 PM on 05/09/14
jorbjorb
User Info.
Great list deb all of those songs bring back many memories.
12:35 PM on 05/09/14
SkyGrowsBigger
User Info.
While definitely not my cup of tea, I think Simple Plan deserves a shout out for the success they had in the early-mid 2000's. They were huge for a while up here
12:48 PM on 05/09/14
caveBEAR
( ω )
User Info.
No problem, glad I'm your favourite, haha. Smallman was one of the definitive labels from that era, I actually just did a list of essential albums for a Canadian music media outlet and I recommend you check it out. Carpenter, Moneen and Sick City are my absolute favourites:

http://www.aux.tv/2014/05/9-essentia...llman-records/

While I'm not a huge Ten Second Epic fan they still have a few good songs. "Something Beautiful" by Cauterize almost made the cut, but didn't last minute. The Artist Life's full-length was a little disappointing, but the EP they did in 2008 through Underground Operations was cool and you might like it.

I looooooooove Moneen. Is Carpenter still doing their thing? Because I think I recently grabbed a few albums by them.

will check out the other stuff, for sure. ¡Gracias señora Remus!
12:48 PM on 05/09/14
Pokemon
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Logged in for the first time in like two years to comment on this. Thanks so much for posting this list. I have a pop punk show on campus radio and am always looking for new Canadian bands to play. I totally forgot about some of these bands and am definitely going to check out some of the other artists on your smallman records list that I have never heard of before. So much nostalgia.
12:49 PM on 05/09/14
WordsandMusic
User Info.
This was a great walk down memory lane. I'd like to throw in Glasshead, Choke, Moneen was already mentioned, but they're seriously the best. And a pop-punk shout out to the 'pegs own Moments of Brilliance. I had the pleasure of booking shows in the early/mid 00's, and got to see a TON of super awesome bands. The February's, Acres of Lions, Counting Heartbeats, TheSet, Darryls Grocery Bag (which notably had one of the greatest singers I've met). Complete...seriously this list could be a mile long. OH! Far From Hero's were on pace to break huge...Meter Records bands, Smallman, Spawner, fab back in the day...all those dudes were awesome.
12:56 PM on 05/09/14
TheUpside
It All Feels Like an Ending
User Info.
I feel like no matter what you need to include Somehow Hollow and Grade. Amazing bands.
This, this, this and this.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version