AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Video News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Junior Battles Release Video for "Bunk"

Posted by - 09:49 AM on 05/21/14
Junior Battles' new video for "Bunk" can be seen at Noisey or in the replies. It was made entirely with Snapchat. The band releases Rally next week via Paper + Plastick.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 16
09:49 AM on 05/21/14
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
09:50 AM on 05/21/14
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
We'll also be posting our interview with Sam tomorrow, just as a heads up.
10:15 AM on 05/21/14
The Revisionist
Loves shittyass pop music
User Info.
I don't expect a band to sonically stay the same over the years, and I encourage this band to keep naturally growing musically... but man, I am just not feeling these new songs at all.
10:52 AM on 05/21/14
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
That was disappointing
11:07 AM on 05/21/14
Tony
Fuckface Extraordinaire
User Info.
I don't expect a band to sonically stay the same over the years, and I encourage this band to keep naturally growing musically... but man, I am just not feeling these new songs at all.
Same here. I'm still picking up the new album, but I'm lowering my expectations at this point.
11:39 AM on 05/21/14
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Same here. I'm still picking up the new album, but I'm lowering my expectations at this point.

That was disappointing

Haha I think the main reason you guys don't like it is because you're all a bunch of Americans. Canadian alt-rock was a huge influence (Sam and I geeked out about it during our interview) and for some reason that's something you Americans just don't seem to get. I personally love this record and think it's a huge step up from the last.
12:13 PM on 05/21/14
RazorCrusade
User Info.
Haha I think the main reason you guys don't like it is because you're all a bunch of Americans. Canadian alt-rock was a huge influence (Sam and I geeked out about it during our interview) and for some reason that's something you Americans just don't seem to get. I personally love this record and think it's a huge step up from the last.
That seems oddly harsh and presumptive. I've liked all the new stuff, but there are very tangible differences between the new stuff and the old stuff. The new songs we've heard seem to be far less structurally and melodically intricate, I guess is how I see it? I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing, but it's as valid a reason I can think of for people to be disappointed in something they've loved previously.
12:37 PM on 05/21/14
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
That seems oddly harsh and presumptive. I've liked all the new stuff, but there are very tangible differences between the new stuff and the old stuff. The new songs we've heard seem to be far less structurally and melodically intricate, I guess is how I see it? I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing, but it's as valid a reason I can think of for people to be disappointed in something they've loved previously.

I dunno, I think there's some truth to it. I'm not saying ALL Americans are going to hate the new Junior Battles, but at the same time the reaction so far doesn't shock me. If you're not into Matthew Good Band or Constantines, I see how you could be bummed out by this record. And let's face it, both groups were quite popular/respected in Canada while being ignored by most Americans. They were never able to really break into the US market.
12:44 PM on 05/21/14
RazorCrusade
User Info.
I dunno, I think there's some truth to it. I'm not saying ALL Americans are going to hate the new Junior Battles, but at the same time the reaction so far doesn't shock me. If you're not into Matthew Good Band or Constantines, I see how you could be bummed out by this record. And let's face it, both groups were quite popular/respected in Canada while being ignored by most Americans. They were never able to really break into the US market.
Well, either way, I have a couple more bands to check out now!
01:35 PM on 05/21/14
Tony
Fuckface Extraordinaire
User Info.
Well I wouldn't call any of their previous work alt-rock of any kind. Reducing my distaste for the songs I've heard so far as "ah, Amercans just don't get it" is lazy. They're changing their sound and good for them, it's their right to do so. But it's silly to expect that their fans are just going to be on board because it's the same group of guys playing under the same moniker. If this were a complletely different band (and they might as well be), I wouldn't have even thought twice about them.
01:35 PM on 05/21/14
LakeTahoeSC
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wee! I'm in this!
01:54 PM on 05/21/14
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
I wasn't big on the sonic shift of the new tracks individually, but together as an album it's great. I still miss the more energetic stuff (although it's not entirely gone), but this album could bring them to the next level... whatever that means.

Cool video too!
09:52 PM on 05/21/14
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Well I wouldn't call any of their previous work alt-rock of any kind. Reducing my distaste for the songs I've heard so far as "ah, Amercans just don't get it" is lazy. They're changing their sound and good for them, it's their right to do so. But it's silly to expect that their fans are just going to be on board because it's the same group of guys playing under the same moniker. If this were a complletely different band (and they might as well be), I wouldn't have even thought twice about them.

I dunno, they're not that drastically different and I know a lot of people up here that love both, myself included. That's cool if you don't like the new record though, you're entitled to your opinion and I respect that.
08:33 AM on 05/22/14
Fourchordwonder
This is for dreaming.
User Info.
This is so much better than the first song they released from the album, but I'm still skeptical.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos