Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 224
05:00 PM on 05/29/14
Soupy
User Info.
Hey everyone!
05:00 PM on 05/29/14
Soupy
User Info.
I guess I'll ask the one everyone was discussing in the other thread, are you opening for Ace on his acoustic tour?
I wish but I don't have the time. Would have been cool.
05:01 PM on 05/29/14
Soupy
User Info.
Did you do any particular writing exercises to prepare for writing the lyrics? Short stories or anything?
Just free writes.
05:01 PM on 05/29/14
PhilOYM95
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yo Soupy! Love the project man! Just wondering What were your biggest influences going into this record? and did you call it "Aaron West and The Roaring Twenties" because you wanted it to sound like the 20's? because I definitely hear a lot of big band and jazz inflluence particularly in the horn sections of the record. Kinda reminds me of Duke ellington and Glenn Miller in a way.
05:02 PM on 05/29/14
PhilOYM95
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
*song not record haha Idk why I said that.
caraballo
Gnarkill
User Info.
Hey dan! I was wondering what is the worst crowd you/The wonder years have ever played to? And what cities besides the obvious ones have the best crowds?
Soupy
User Info.
Hey Soupy! Huge fan. Stoked for the new project, big fan of You Ain't No Saint already. You said in the introduction video that this record is about Aaron West and the worst year of his life. How's that going to translate to the album structure? Is it leaning towards a concept album, or do the songs work as standalone tracks?

So stoked to hear the record! Keep doing what you do <33
It's certainly a concept album but that doesn't mean the songs can't function as songs.
Jakesmannequin
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
DAN pleased to see you working with driver friendly! How was it working with them? And what lead to that happening. Tell us all a freaking bout it. Love ya.-Jake
05:03 PM on 05/29/14
tamm
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Was creation of the character of Aaron West influenced by anyone or anything in particular, either real or fictional?
mka12992
polarisamour.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Hey Dan, I don't really have a question, but I wrote a song and TWY was a huge inspiration on the writing of it. I named it "Dear Mr. Campbell, Thank You For The Advice," I hope that's okay with you.

Anyway, I'm excited for the Aaron West record, the new song was really damn good.
Soupy
User Info.
Yo Soupy! Love the project man! Just wondering What were your biggest influences going into this record? and did you call it "Aaron West and The Roaring Twenties" because you wanted it to sound like the 20's? because I definitely hear a lot of big band and jazz inflluence particularly in the horn sections of the record. Kinda reminds me of Duke ellington and Glenn Miller in a way.
Lucero, Bright Eyes, The Mountain Goats, Kevin Devine, The Weakerthans
Will37
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Soupy!

Were there any bands/songs/albums in particular that inspired We Don't Have Each Other?
05:04 PM on 05/29/14
Soupy
User Info.
DAN pleased to see you working with driver friendly! How was it working with them? And what lead to that happening. Tell us all a freaking bout it. Love ya.-Jake
Great guys! They asked me to sing on the song and I was happy to and then the video panned out when they were able to shoot my scene in our dressing room in San Antonio
swimmer9800
Tell me again its all in my head
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Is this a concept album with a story structure with a beginning and end or just a collection of songs that are all connected? Thanks.
Soupy
User Info.
Did Allison Weiss do the design work for Aaron West ?
I LOVE the look and feel of it.
Allison did the Layout and Mitch did the photos! Well, I took some of the photos too.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos