Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 11 posts
02:20 AM on 05/30/14
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.

1. Condolences by Touché Amoré from the album Parting The Sea Between Brightness and Me
2. No Eyes by Baths from the album Obsidian
3. Ancestors, The Ancients by Chelsea Wolfe from the album Pain is Beauty
4. Cold Heaven by Death of Lovers from the album Buried Under A World Of Roses
5. Heard About You Last Night by Mogwai from the album Rave Tapes
6. A Darker Forest by Thursday from the album No Devolución
7. Eat Him By His Own Light by Jonny Greenwood from the original motion picture soundtrack There Will Be Blood
8. Aletta by Self Defense Family from the album Try Me
9. Guilty of Everything by Nothing from the album Guilty of Everything
10. Hand Covers Bruise by Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross from the original motion picture soundtrack The Social Network
11. Violet by Deafheaven from the album Roads to Judah

Anyone who knows me understands that I'm a vampire, night owl, etc. - basically, I never sleep and my mind races instead. Weird impulses, haunted memories, and just looking into the void go hand-in-hand with these late nights. The playlist above calms me, inspires me, and channels those wandering thoughts into something creative. It features some deep cuts from my favorite artists currently (as well as sprinkling in two of my favorite soundtrack instrumentals) that are equal parts devastating, abrasive, and beautiful - each one yearning for a deeper understand of the world we live in (and it wouldn't be complete with one of the most stirring songs in Deafheaven's discography).

This is not for the faint of heart or the easily distracted, as "night moves" consists of challenging anthems that require your full attention. But I guarantee that some, if not all, of these tracks resonate deeply within you, the quiet-loud-quiet dynamics hitting all the right cylinders. Go ahead, the night awaits.
01:10 AM on 05/31/14
Drew Beringer
User Info.
Some really awesome music here. I love The Social Network soundtrack as well, one of my favorites
thanks! yeah that soundtrack rules and I wish I could track down a copy of it on vinyl that didn't include an astronomical price
01:11 AM on 05/31/14
Drew Beringer
User Info.
Wow. That Baths song. Is good.
yeah his stuff is really phenomenal - he just released a new EP earlier this month that everyone should check out.
Drew Beringer
User Info.
This is a solid, solid, mixtape. Thanks for sharing!
thanks for listening!
Drew Beringer
User Info.
Sweet stuff Drew, I'm just like you and often stay up for most of the night so I'll give this a spin next time that happens
lemme know what you think
Drew Beringer
User Info.
I'm probably gonna LOVE this mix. Can't wait to listen, Drew and I share a love for this kind of music via Chelsea Wolfe and Baths and I've even checked out the likes of Deafheaven because of you, so I'm looking forward to this potentially leading me to discover other stuff I may have dismissed before hand or not bothered with. The mood of the music I mentioned I already like from this mix and nights like this sum me up to a tee, so I'm excited.
that's awesome to hear - can't wait to hear your thoughts
01:12 AM on 05/31/14
Drew Beringer
User Info.
thanks!
Drew Beringer
User Info.
It feels like blasphemy to exclude Bob Seger's "Night Moves" from a playlist of the same name...
haha I know
Drew Beringer
User Info.
Nothing describes my nights better than, "driving aimlessly at 3 AM or lying in bed restless." I will most certainly be listening to this later when I can't sleep.
I knew there'd be a handful of people just like me - excited to see your thoughts on this.
Drew Beringer
User Info.
gracias - I figured you'd dig it

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT