Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts
11:20 AM on 06/17/14
heycasey4
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Its funny playboy gives Neko Case a good review and she thanks them with hate. I don't understand our society today.
12:55 PM on 06/17/14
heycasey4
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"Also, for a lot of people who say they value punk, there is a lot of them who are defending capitalism very adamantly and using that to justify the mistreatment of oppressed people.'' hahahahah, Kevin Lyman is mistreating people because the majority of the bands on his tour are men. Don't get me wrong I like alot of female based bands and have nothing in this world against them, but i don't think anyone oppressed is getting mistreated.
01:12 PM on 06/17/14
heycasey4
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
oppression is mistreatment
I know, I am saying just because Lyman doesn't pick you to be on his tour doesn't mean you are mistreated or oppressed.
01:19 PM on 06/17/14
heycasey4
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The quote function is very helpful if there's a post or user you'd like to respond to tbh. I think women are very mistreated in this scene. Look at the merch examples people have talked about that are sold on the tour, the low ratio of women on the tour. Mistreatment doesn't have to be like creating an ordinance where women are banned from the tour. Kevin contributes to this by refusing to acknowledge the problem and being complacent in it. People using the business model or capitalism to excuse this is actually really gross and, since punk is supposed to be progressive, the antithesis of what it's supposed to stand for. I'm not even talking about warped being punk or not. I'm saying that there are supposed fans of punk who are excusing the exclusion of women because of profit margins. That's really odd to me.
I don't know, I see where you are coming from, and agree on alot of it. But, I guess what I am trying to say is if Lyman was blatantly against women bands and women I would be the first to say there is something that needs to be done. But for the sole reason he only has 6% women bands on his tour, I don't think you can say he is oppressing or mistreating women, or that he is a sexist or whatever.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos