Username
Password

Comments: Page 47
Displaying posts 690 - 700 of 700
05:08 PM on 06/20/14
n1rval
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
let me get this straight.... there's gender inequality, and you agree that we should help out those are behind, but you dont want to help them out "because they are a woman," even though the reason that group is marginalized is because they are women. do you realize how absurd you sound?
I think I went too far with my thinking and you get lost somewhere. You are stuck on the "woman" part, I said before and said it again I respect them as much as everybody, so there is no need of the strong feminist point in my opinion. As there is no need to put someone first, because of a difference of sex or something else. It is perfect to help people , that is what I want. But think of the whole picture and do not focus on someone, otherwise you let someone apart. THAT is my point. I want the same for everyone, it is simple thinking. And it does not need to have someone first, and there is no need to think someone is wrong because it does not think that way, and he just think we are all equal so it is everyone first. I am Humanist, everyone mate, everyone. So yes I am not feminist at all, just because I do not want to fight for girls right only, but everyone rights. I want it to everyone, simple thinking :)
I do think that when you focus on just one thing, you are selfish, just my opinion :)
05:28 PM on 06/20/14
RonStoppable
yeezy season approachin
User Info.
I think I went too far with my thinking and you get lost somewhere. You are stuck on the "woman" part, I said before and said it again I respect them as much as everybody, so there is no need of the strong feminist point in my opinion. As there is no need to put someone first, because of a difference of sex or something else. It is perfect to help people , that is what I want. But think of the whole picture and do not focus on someone, otherwise you let someone apart. THAT is my point. I want the same for everyone, it is simple thinking. And it does not need to have someone first, and there is no need to think someone is wrong because it does not think that way, and he just think we are all equal so it is everyone first. I am Humanist, everyone mate, everyone. So yes I am not feminist at all, just because I do not want to fight for girls right only, but everyone rights. I want it to everyone, simple thinking :)
I do think that when you focus on just one thing, you are selfish, just my opinion :)
Rights are being withheld from women. Women are being oppressed. Feminsim (and womanism) exist for women to fight for those rights, to fight oppression. If you don't want to grant women those rights and that freedom, then you're not a feminist, womanist, or humanist. It seems like you think feminists want to be able to cut in line in front of men at Taco Bell or something.
05:40 PM on 06/20/14
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
User Info.
I've read a few of your posts and I don't quite get how you define feminism. Because my understanding of feminism is people fighting for equal rights for all genders. This doesn't mean granting more rights to women than men, but creating an equal playing field. Since women are already behind, as the analogy Pengus presented mentioned, women need a bit more to catch up. That's it, to level it out. I think the way you're seeing it, if I'm interpreting you correctly, is a bit naive. It seems to assume that men and women are in the same place and should both get the same "amount" if I continue with Pengus' analogy, when women are at a disadvantage so it's not a fair game. Correct me if I'm wrong about how you feel tho. It just seems that you have a misconception about feminism or something but idk I'm not clear on what you think feminism is.
07:32 PM on 06/20/14
Merve
Pennycan Champion
User Info.
I think you're confusing things that happen on an individual level with things that happen on a societal level. Feminism isn't about helping any given individual woman over any given individual man. Nobody is claiming that the Queen of Jordan needs your help more than some dude at a homeless shelter. But there's no denying that women, on average, occupy less powerful positions in society and face greater discrimination. That's why women, collectively, need feminism.
02:00 AM on 06/21/14
Penguin
ANTHYDING CAN HADPLEN
User Info.
I'm just glad some people appreciated my post. I was worried it didn't make any sense, haha.
09:39 AM on 06/22/14
n1rval
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've read a few of your posts and I don't quite get how you define feminism. Because my understanding of feminism is people fighting for equal rights for all genders. This doesn't mean granting more rights to women than men, but creating an equal playing field. Since women are already behind, as the analogy Pengus presented mentioned, women need a bit more to catch up. That's it, to level it out. I think the way you're seeing it, if I'm interpreting you correctly, is a bit naive. It seems to assume that men and women are in the same place and should both get the same "amount" if I continue with Pengus' analogy, when women are at a disadvantage so it's not a fair game. Correct me if I'm wrong about how you feel tho. It just seems that you have a misconception about feminism or something but idk I'm not clear on what you think feminism is.
Well I respect feminists but I think now that sometimes feminists does use it too easily without thinking of whole picture, and in this case I have particular doubts of the 6% argument on this scene and the warped tour.
Willing to cut the gaps between men and women it is what I want also, nonetheless you cannot always have a 50/50 if the total amount of bands in this scene is not of 50men/50women (thing is I do not now the figure so I can guess right or wrong, it is possible that there is a similar amount of women/men bands in this scene).
But what I criticize about feminists is just throwing at Kevin 6% in the face, with no backup figures and facts behind that apart from the point of view, "women want the same rights and places as men", without figuring out if in the first place what would be a 50/50 of the total amount ratio. And if we want 50/50 bands women/men in the warped tour, and it appears that there are twice many men bands, or more women bands, then there would be a problem, yes. That's what I want to stress out with "a chance to everyone", on this case would you still want half/half bands, cause that would not be fair, and would not give the same chances to everyone.
I do not get my point very clearly I know, and do not think me in the wrong way. I do respect feminist in the society, as there are clear problems in Europe at least, as regards women jobs been paid less or less women in charge of companies or services. And I will always point it out, but please do not try to mess with a nice tour, just by throwing away figures and just judging by the cover without informations on the reality of the scene.
I hope I am a bit more clear, and I apologize if I seemed a bit misogynistic and retarded when I could not express clearly my point, I will think more before answering so vigorously, but I am stubborn and I do defend my opinion :)
10:16 AM on 06/22/14
caveBEAR
( ω )
User Info.
it seems like there's a language barrier ^^ so I'm not even gonna bother explaining why using 'retarded' just adds on.
12:54 AM on 06/23/14
n1rval
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
it seems like there's a language barrier ^^ so I'm not even gonna bother explaining why using 'retarded' just adds on.
Indeed, however the last bit is just offbeat humor, maybe not the best at it apparently but you should try :)
03:52 PM on 06/23/14
Merve
Pennycan Champion
User Info.
Indeed, however the last bit is just offbeat humor, maybe not the best at it apparently but you should try :)
Misusing the word "retarded" is never a joke.
12:35 PM on 06/26/14
oldwirehands
billionsandbillions / Chris
User Info.
Capitalism has failed on so many levels, socially, and has greatly ruined the arts. If anyone thinks a real progression in social equality can be achieved within this sort of capitalist structure is not viewing the world as it is as a whole.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos