AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Tour Dates News
Have a news tip? Submit news.
Tour Dates
Inside AP.net

Brianna Collins: "It's Never Ok To Touch...

Posted by: Jason Tate (06/19/14)
Brianna from Tigers Jaw has released a statement regarding what occurred at last night's show. It's depressing that this even needs to be said, but everyone: read it -- share it.
Last night at the Music Hall of Williamsburg, someone came on stage and very forcibly tried to kiss me, and actually did kiss Britty while she was playing. Another person from the tour was kissed while taking a photo… This tour is the first time something like this has happened to me, and I definitely feel responsible to say something.

IT IS NEVER OKAY TO TOUCH SOMEONE WITHOUT THEIR CONSENT. Ever. I felt so upset and violated, as did the others who this happened to.. Touching someone without their consent is not only upsetting for that person, but is also a crime. We all need to respect each other’s space — whether it’s someone in the band or someone crowd surfing. I just want to play music with my friends and I shouldn’t have to be worried whether or not every person stage diving is going to do something like that. I don’t want it to come down to having to say that there’s no stage diving allowed at our shows, but if stuff like this keeps happening and I feel unsafe and uncomfortable when we play, I don’t know any other solution.

So please - DO NOT EVER touch/kiss/grab someone that has not given you consent to do so. You are not entitled to that no matter what the situation is. Be a decent human being and keep your hands to yourself.

- Brianna

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 122
10:58 AM on 06/19/14
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
It's that simple. Which is why it's so mind-blowing.
11:00 AM on 06/19/14
morgantayler
We are all Tatiana Maslany.
User Info.
I'm so glad she posted this. What that guy did was completely unacceptable.
11:04 AM on 06/19/14
Jake Gyllenhaal
What's up Hot Dog?
User Info.
I hope the guy who did this feels like human garbage right about now.
11:05 AM on 06/19/14
alexxxisonfire
OneRecordPerDay.com
User Info.
Fuck. People need to relax. Omg he touched me eww let us artists be artists in peace.
stfu
billcom6
AP Addict
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is why I never hold up people crowd surfing over top of me.
spansen
and then what happens?
User Info.
Fuck. People need to relax. Omg he touched me eww let us artists be artists in peace.
wat
Jason Tate
User Info.
It's not your place at all to tell people to "relax" when it comes to personal space.
11:08 AM on 06/19/14
cowlord
( ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
User Info.
Hold up it was the same guy?? Or a few? Actually, I'm not really sure which would be worse
11:09 AM on 06/19/14
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
User Info.
Everyone should be able to feel safe and comfortable and not have to worry about being assaulted.
11:15 AM on 06/19/14
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Hold up it was the same guy?? Or a few? Actually, I'm not really sure which would be worse
Seems like it was multiple people throughout the night.
11:15 AM on 06/19/14
savestheday3x3
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
take me back to 08 when Chris Conely got kissed at the Highline ballroom and did nothing but smile.
11:17 AM on 06/19/14
morgantayler
We are all Tatiana Maslany.
User Info.
It sounds like the same person who kissed Britty also tried to kiss Brianna but some else kissed the other person who was on the tour with them.
11:17 AM on 06/19/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Glad she wrote this- it's insanity that anyone can argue otherwise with the simplicity and common sense behind this statement.
11:18 AM on 06/19/14
texan4lif281
User Info.
Glad she wrote this- it's insanity that anyone can argue otherwise with the simplicity and common sense behind this statement.

It is absolutely insane.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version