AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Video News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Video Interview With Chvrches

Posted by - 11:45 AM on 07/02/14
A recent video interview with Chvrches can be found in the replies.

Submitted by JCCC

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 16
11:46 AM on 07/02/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
11:49 AM on 07/02/14
deanster321
BLEGH
User Info.
So people are running with the idea that he slagged them off, when he didn't. Not to mention it was being reported this morning (and was in the title of the video) that Laura called him a dick when that also clearly isn't what she said, that and they seem to have cleared it up on Twitter anyway. The disingenuity is pretty remarkable.
12:01 PM on 07/02/14
climaXTheatrix
User Info.
i'd kiss her on stage
12:30 PM on 07/02/14
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
User Info.
Just end it already. Mike's comments were completely taken out of context.
02:13 PM on 07/02/14
PetitnaindesĪles
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
Mike's comments were ridiculous because it's clear he's simply out of touch with rock music. It's a shame Chvrches are taking it seriously though.
08:31 PM on 07/03/14
imchriswalken
Lesser human by post count
User Info.
Statistics on how many people have now heard of CHVRCHES, and also now listen to them, because Mike Shinoda dropped their name?
08:54 PM on 07/03/14
Kixur413
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Statistics on how many people have now heard of CHVRCHES, and also now listen to them, because Mike Shinoda dropped their name?
Their stuff plays everywhere here in AZ. I dont think a name drop from LP is going to boost much of anything.
09:11 AM on 07/04/14
imchriswalken
User Info.
Their stuff plays everywhere here in AZ. I dont think a name drop from LP is going to boost much of anything.
That's fine, but that isn't necessarily the case for other states or countries.
09:43 AM on 07/04/14
Isolated
is awesome.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That's fine, but that isn't necessarily the case for other states or countries.
It's a kind of naive of you if you think CHVRCHES are gaining popularity from a 'feud' with Mike Shinoda, of all people..

P.s. I realise there is no feud.
10:12 AM on 07/04/14
PetitnaindesĪles
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
It's a kind of naive of you if you think CHVRCHES are gaining popularity from a 'feud' with Mike Shinoda, of all people..

Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if LP fans, those who aren't familiar with Chvrches, are dismissing it because they're "attacking" their beloved band, while the Chvrches fans are probably doing the same on the other side. At least, that's what a few Facebook comments from both pages led me to think.
01:50 PM on 07/05/14
imchriswalken
User Info.

I simply said I'd be curious to see the numbers, which could go either way, if there was in fact any way to collect them. But I'm glad you feel entitled to speak for me and every other person in the world who may or may not have heard of CHVRCHES before this.
01:59 PM on 07/05/14
Isolated
is awesome.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I simply said I'd be curious to see the numbers, which could go either way, if there was in fact any way to collect them. But I'm glad you feel entitled to speak for me and every other person in the world who may or may not have heard of CHVRCHES before this.
You're clutching at straws there - it's obvious there'd be no way of collecting those statistics and they would never exist. Not even sure why you've written that..
02:06 PM on 07/05/14
imchriswalken
User Info.
You're clutching at straws there - it's obvious there'd be no way of collecting those statistics and they would never exist. Not even sure why you've written that..
Because you put words in my mouth and called me "a kind of naive" for it. I think it's reasonable to assume that there is at least a single person out there who heard of CHVRCHES from Mike Shinoda, but the band chose to take offense instead of that perspective, for their own reasons which I can't speak to. You make it sound like you know there are no people now listening to CHVRCHES who weren't before.
05:20 PM on 08/18/14
climaXTheatrix
User Info.
this

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News