Password

11:21 AM on 07/14/14 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
I have to move all of my and my roommate's belongings up 4 flights of stairs using only my small SUV and my roommate's friend's pickup truck. Gonna be a lot of trips back and forth and a lot of body pain.

What are you not looking forward to in the near future?
11:30 AM on 07/14/14 
User Info.
codeseven
fucked tortured and discarded
Raleigh, NC
Male - 26 Years Old
Yours pretty much takes the cake. I'd probably kill myself before agreeing to that.
11:33 AM on 07/14/14 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
Yours pretty much takes the cake. I'd probably kill myself before agreeing to that.

yep, necessary though. We couldn't get approved for a house so we needed to find an apartment that's cheap enough for us to afford a practice space for the band. We succeeded -- this one is close to our jobs and in a safe area -- but unfortunately it's cheap because it's on the 4th floor and there are no elevators.

Anything for the band though. That's always how I approach things. Living here is gonna help me save money to pursue it.
11:38 AM on 07/14/14 
User Info.
codeseven
fucked tortured and discarded
Raleigh, NC
Male - 26 Years Old
That's cool then. I guess it's for the better. Still wouldn't want to be in your shoes though, hah. As for me, all I can come up with is I don't want to have to cut the grass this weekend... Between the heat, humidity, and my yard having the capability of being the world's largest mosquito sanctuary, I'm not looking forward to it at all.
11:49 AM on 07/14/14 
User Info.
Kassie09
in the empire business
Pittsburgh, PA
Female - 23 Years Old
Taking finals on Wed and Thurs.

Moving all of my shit up 4 flights of stairs w/ no help except the moving men to take the really heavy stuff..but it isn't like they're gonna help me unpack or anything. I fucking hate moving, especially without an elevator.
01:28 PM on 07/14/14 
User Info.
kemppettyjohn
Pilot Jones, Pilot Jones
Lynchburg, VA
Male - 21 Years Old
Delta lost my luggage and I have to deal with the claims process this week. I expect to be screwed over.
08:49 PM on 07/14/14 
User Info.
only the clouds
throw your body on the bad times
Amherst, MA
Male - 22 Years Old
Taking out student loans.
Excellent.
11:07 PM on 07/14/14 
User Info.
dirty sanchez
Whatever else you do, stay true
STAY TRUEEEE
MAIL - 22 Years Old
21 credit hr semester this fall.
09:31 AM on 07/15/14 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
21 credit hr semester this fall.

I would honestly rather carry all my things up 4 flights of stairs

I generally abhor college though
08:06 PM on 07/15/14 
User Info.
mkohler
Unnerved the nerve.
Cleveland, Ohio
Undeclared - 20 Years Old
The guy installing our cable at the new place was doing something in the attic and he fell through the ceiling leaving a huge hole. I guess he didn't see that there were no boards or something.

The contracting company that the guy is through is giving us a hard time about getting repairs done and Time Warner isn't helping at all.

We're moving on sunday so this needs to get done somehow.

Moving furniture, unpacking, and whatnot is never fun either.
09:12 PM on 07/15/14 
User Info.
WhiteMouse60
Darth Maul
Sweet Home Chicago
Male
does anyone actually like going to work? I kind of do
09:56 PM on 07/15/14 
User Info.
dirty sanchez
STAY TRUEEEE
MAIL - 22 Years Old
I would honestly rather carry all my things up 4 flights of stairs

I generally abhor college though
Man, I would carry your things up 1000 flights of stairs every day for the next 5 months.

All of my classes this semester are going to be brutal. I think I'll probably average about 1-2 hrs a sleep per night on mondays-thurs.
10:17 PM on 07/15/14 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
Man, I would carry your things up 1000 flights of stairs every day for the next 5 months.

All of my classes this semester are going to be brutal. I think I'll probably average about 1-2 hrs a sleep per night on mondays-thurs.

Dude don't die lol drop a class or two, take another semester. Everyone needs to scale back a bit from time to time. You aren't gonna get trapped in the jaws of hell if you take one more semester to finish.
10:23 PM on 07/15/14 
User Info.
dirty sanchez
STAY TRUEEEE
MAIL - 22 Years Old
Dude don't die lol drop a class or two, take another semester. Everyone needs to scale back a bit from time to time. You aren't gonna get trapped in the jaws of hell if you take one more semester to finish.
I would like to drop a few, trust me. But I've gotta take this many classes for the next 4 semesters. I changed my major after my second year and literally none of the chem and other science classes fulfill my requirements for my major now. Maybe I should drop my 2nd major of software engineering because that will remove about 20 credit hours of courses that I'd have to take. Right now I'm doubling in computer science/software engineering.

I'm trying to get ahead right now though, I've been reading my textbooks already so I might be able to take it easy this fall.
06:58 AM on 07/16/14 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
I would like to drop a few, trust me. But I've gotta take this many classes for the next 4 semesters. I changed my major after my second year and literally none of the chem and other science classes fulfill my requirements for my major now. Maybe I should drop my 2nd major of software engineering because that will remove about 20 credit hours of courses that I'd have to take. Right now I'm doubling in computer science/software engineering.

I'm trying to get ahead right now though, I've been reading my textbooks already so I might be able to take it easy this fall.

If I'm not mistaken you can take a third party certification class in software development after school and if that's on your resume that looks just as good as a second degree, no?

I'm probably gonna get certified in a few programming languages once I finish my last two classes

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos