AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Facebook News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Broadway Part Ways With Uprising Records

Posted by - 01:46 PM on 07/14/14
Broadway have parted ways with Uprising Records. They will be releasing a new single, "Volcano Jack," on Friday.
Hey guys, so lets cut to the chase. We're here today to announce our departure from Uprising Records! We've have a long and interesting relationship with them for five years now, but the Broadway boys are finally stepping out on their own and into the wild.

Now to quell any worries, this will not affect our new album in anyway! In fact our entire recording process for this 3rd album has been independent. Funded by us, for you! We are by no means, rich fellows, or even wealthy. In fact we're probably just above the poverty line. We work at pizza joints, pawn shops etc. We make just enough to live and we've squeezed out what extra we have to make this album. It is our love letter to our fans and to ourselves. When we were released from Uprising we had a decision to make. Do we scratch our plans? Start fresh? Our do we invest in ourselves and our music?

It was an easy decision to make. Unanimously we agreed, this album was too good not to record. We owed it to our fans, and to ourselves to see this journey through.

That being said, we'd like to announce that our new album "Contexture: Gods, Men, & The Infinite Cosmos" will be released later this year by us, and us alone. This album marks a new era for our art and we hope you guys are open to taking this next step with us.

To further our great news today, we're also announcing that our new single "Volcano Jack" will be released on July 18th!!! We've put our heart and soul into this new music, and scariest of all, all of our money. We understand that torrenting and unofficial downloading occurs. We will not attempt to stop these things, or vilify them. All we ask is that if you like the new song and you have the dollar to spare, please purchase it. The money goes to us. No one else. It will help fund our current ventures and future ventures. It will allow us to stick around and keep writing music for you guys.

Okay that's all of it. We've been waiting a long time to say all of this. This is without a doubt the most excited and nervous we've ever been. Thank you for reading! And have a great week!

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 25
01:53 PM on 07/14/14
B.Leibo
User Info.
*Ahem

This is their last week recording in the studio too, so album is getting close to done.
02:07 PM on 07/14/14
TylerHartman
User Info.
Had no idea this band was still a band. I think I liked one of their records.

Is Uprising a Christian label? Are Broadway a Christian band? So many questions.
02:16 PM on 07/14/14
B.Leibo
User Info.
Had no idea this band was still a band. I think I liked one of their records.

Is Uprising a Christian label? Are Broadway a Christian band? So many questions.
No and No.
02:37 PM on 07/14/14
.dot
behance.net/jordanhaenlein
User Info.
Stoked to hear a new song from them. Really loved Kingdoms a few years ago. Although honestly I don't listen to it much anymore. Didn't care for Gentlemen's Brawl. I've always thought this band was capable of putting out a great record though.
02:42 PM on 07/14/14
TDenverFan
User Info.
I actually really liked gentleman's Brawl, more so than I did Kingdoms
02:48 PM on 07/14/14
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
cool. really curious to see where they take their sound on this record.
02:52 PM on 07/14/14
B.Leibo
User Info.
This album sounds like it will be a mix of both sounds.
03:10 PM on 07/14/14
Lightsout911X
Expect me standing tall
User Info.
Excited for this. Glad it won't be stuck in album purgatory like Brawl was.
03:47 PM on 07/14/14
Born_For_This
Registered Member
User Info.
Stupid title but cool for them
03:48 PM on 07/14/14
Capulet
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
life is hard ;\
04:04 PM on 07/14/14
earthtodanny
Try to stay afloat in shallow water
User Info.
I played with these guys when Brawl was first released and they were cool as hell. Excited for this record!
04:07 PM on 07/14/14
HCO SF 87
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This album sounds like it will be a mix of both sounds.
Where have you heard clips?
05:16 PM on 07/14/14
B.Leibo
User Info.
Where have you heard clips?
Sorry, poorly worded, from what I've read... not heard. Althought Misha did say recently "Nothing like Kingdoms or Gentlemen'sBrawl. We would never make the same album twice... That's just boring & cliché. But we will have a big variety of songs for everyone to enjoy." But they have a pretty disincentive sound, I feel like they'll just take a little bit from both albums.
09:32 PM on 07/14/14
cowlord
( ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
User Info.
Not expecting much but i used to listen to Kingdoms a bit in High School so I'll check it out

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos