AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Jacks Mannequin News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Andrew McMahon Performs Two New Songs Live

Posted by - 11:50 AM on 07/16/14
Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness has been playing two new songs on his recent string of solo dates. Head to the replies to see him perform both "Cecilia and the Satellite" and "High Dive."

Submitted by tub and rug

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 27
11:50 AM on 07/16/14
Jason Tate
User Info.

12:12 PM on 07/16/14
Coverbydesign
User Info.
I feel like I have heard these songs for at least a week now. Seeing my GF found out about them last week an has been playing them none stop to be prepared for the show coming up on thursday. Great songs an I hope he plays them next monday when I get to see him with her.
12:32 PM on 07/16/14
tub and rug
I find a spark in the normal.
User Info.
I feel like I have heard these songs for at least a week now. Seeing my GF found out about them last week an has been playing them none stop to be prepared for the show coming up on thursday. Great songs an I hope he plays them next monday when I get to see him with her.

I'll be in Bloomington tomorrow.
12:35 PM on 07/16/14
Coverbydesign
User Info.
I'll be in Bloomington tomorrow.
From what she has told me so will every Andrew fan. I had no clue how hardcore his fans where till she was like no you don't get it you don't just see him once.
12:35 PM on 07/16/14
mms13
should i say something sensational?
User Info.
These are both REALLY good. New album soon please!
12:53 PM on 07/16/14
jacoco
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
yeah i posted these on the last andrew thread.... a week ago.

but here's a better video of high dive with an explanation for the song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq5_xFPXl6o
01:08 PM on 07/16/14
tub and rug
I find a spark in the normal.
User Info.
From what she has told me so will every Andrew fan. I had no clue how hardcore his fans where till she was like no you don't get it you don't just see him once.

Ha! This will be my third time seeing him perform as Andrew McMahon. I never got to see Something Corporate or Jack's Mannequin. And who knows what will happen now that he's announced his new project.
01:28 PM on 07/16/14
Coverbydesign
User Info.
Ha! This will be my third time seeing him perform as Andrew McMahon. I never got to see Something Corporate or Jack's Mannequin. And who knows what will happen now that he's announced his new project.
Going to be honest I only cared for North by Soco till I met her. Now I have seen the light an dig a lot of soco other records along with really loving both Jack albums. Stoked to see him with her on the 21st when he opens for Degraw an Matt Nathanson. She already told me we are getting my north vinyl cover signed by him that day. So I'm stoked for that to thank him for a pretty much perfect record.
01:38 PM on 07/16/14
kismet
Occasionally a fan girl
User Info.
These are both really great. The setlists for his headlining shows have been really awesome, hoping they'll be similar when I see him in a few weeks.
01:59 PM on 07/16/14
texan4lif281
User Info.
Still cannot believe all of those tour dates and no Texas stops.
02:00 PM on 07/16/14
Rosenbcm
User Info.
Going to be honest I only cared for North by Soco till I met her. Now I have seen the light an dig a lot of soco other records along with really loving both Jack albums. Stoked to see him with her on the 21st when he opens for Degraw an Matt Nathanson. She already told me we are getting my north vinyl cover signed by him that day. So I'm stoked for that to thank him for a pretty much perfect record.
I love North as well. However, Nothing will ever compare to Everything In Tranist. It is one of the best records ever made in my opinion. In every department, it excels in most things that are released. I could write on and on for pages about it. But if you haven't, play that record and REALLY pay attention to it. Changed my life.
02:26 PM on 07/16/14
End of Disc One
User Info.
Yep. I've always said that Everything in Transit is the only album I'm heard where literally any song on it could be my favorite on a given day. Not only that but the themes and cohesiveness....it's just brilliant.
03:59 PM on 07/16/14
Coverbydesign
User Info.
I love North as well. However, Nothing will ever compare to Everything In Tranist. It is one of the best records ever made in my opinion. In every department, it excels in most things that are released. I could write on and on for pages about it. But if you haven't, play that record and REALLY pay attention to it. Changed my life.
I have played that album A LOT. To the point where I was hunting it down on vinyl till she went on some group an found someone with a extra copy. No clue if she was able to get it or not..All I know is if she get it come the Cleveland date Ill be getting that sucker singed as well.
04:05 PM on 07/16/14
jacoco
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Still cannot believe all of those tour dates and no Texas stops.
he's going to go on a headlining tour in the fall after/around the time the album comes out, he will most certainly be to texas then

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos