AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Money News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Help Kickstart Throne Watches

Posted by - 12:31 PM on 07/19/14
In the market for a new watch? Travis Alexander, of Ghost Thrower, and friends have launched a Kickstarter to help fund the major release of their line -- Throne Watches.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21
12:32 PM on 07/19/14
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
These are absolutely fantastic. Can't wait to pick one up.
12:47 PM on 07/19/14
Jake Denning
User Info.
I want one so damn bad.
01:07 PM on 07/19/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
$300 is an interesting price point given the rest of the market, but those are pretty nice watches (not a huge fan of the extra "x" ornament or band colors). Only watch I've even given a passing thought to purchasing in the last year or so has been the Withings Activite, I'm not a watch person though, I like having my wrists free while typing (most of my day).

(Someone let them know they spelled "Warranty" incorrectly.)

(And this may just be my insane OCD with type, but the back ... I'd flip the text "designed in ... " so that it doesn't look upside down.)

Edit:

My standard belief for how text should "wrap" around a circle, bottom of the text inside, flip it on the bottom so you don't have to do cartwheels.
01:27 PM on 07/19/14
climaXTheatrix
User Info.
Does anyone own one of these? I'm in the market for an interesting watch to be my everyday watch. I need something that is comfortable.

Does anyone have any recommendations ? (not to derail from Throne; I'm still considering getting one of these)

Wait for iWatch?

edit: that Withings watch looks interesting, too bad it's not available yet
03:47 PM on 07/19/14
ChristianLFTW
That's not a nawyf. THAT'S a nawyf.
User Info.
I guess it isn't bad for its price and the quartz movement. I'd expect to see it lugged in with the watches you see at mall kiosks.

It almost even looks a bit like this company is taking a bit of its design from NOMOS, specifically the Zurich.

04:59 PM on 07/19/14
FailureWithinMe
Follow Your Bliss
User Info.
Backed this a few days ago. Can't wait for this to get started.
07:11 PM on 07/19/14
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
If I wore watches, I would rock the dark brown leather model.
10:54 PM on 07/19/14
xBranx
Brandon Pagano / Handguns
User Info.
I've had a Throne for almost a year now. Probably the most durable watch ever. It's been in the pool a bunch and works just like new.
11:52 PM on 07/19/14
thisisntworking
Run for Cover Records
User Info.
I've had one for a bit, they are great. Really glad their Kickstarter was so succesful.
09:32 AM on 07/20/14
valencourt
Oh well, okay.
User Info.
I've had a Throne for almost a year now. Probably the most durable watch ever. It's been in the pool a bunch and works just like new.
But an official Throne watch with their name on the face? Or one assembled by those boys? As far as I know, this is their very first run with the Throne name on there. Wasn't sure if you got a prototype awhile back from Travis or something.
10:15 AM on 07/20/14
mike l
el cielo es azul
User Info.
$300 is an interesting price point given the rest of the market, but those are pretty nice watches (not a huge fan of the extra "x" ornament or band colors). Only watch I've even given a passing thought to purchasing in the last year or so has been the Withings Activite, I'm not a watch person though, I like having my wrists free while typing (most of my day).

(Someone let them know they spelled "Warranty" incorrectly.)

(And this may just be my insane OCD with type, but the back ... I'd flip the text "designed in ... " so that it doesn't look upside down.)

Edit:

My standard belief for how text should "wrap" around a circle, bottom of the text inside, flip it on the bottom so you don't have to do cartwheels.
seems like they did it as an attempt to have a slightly quirky aesthetic rather than more standardized text wrapping but i agree the way they have it makes me dizzy
01:28 PM on 07/20/14
xBranx
Brandon Pagano / Handguns
User Info.
But an official Throne watch with their name on the face? Or one assembled by those boys? As far as I know, this is their very first run with the Throne name on there. Wasn't sure if you got a prototype awhile back from Travis or something.

Must have been a prototype. To my knowledge they were refferred to as Throne Watches when I got them.
07:06 PM on 07/20/14
valencourt
Oh well, okay.
User Info.
Must have been a prototype. To my knowledge they were refferred to as Throne Watches when I got them.
Yea they were called Throne, but I think is their first watch with their name on it!
09:22 PM on 07/20/14
Fill
what
User Info.
Does anyone own one of these? I'm in the market for an interesting watch to be my everyday watch. I need something that is comfortable.

Does anyone have any recommendations ? (not to derail from Throne; I'm still considering getting one of these)

Wait for iWatch?

edit: that Withings watch looks interesting, too bad it's not available yet
I love the Seiko I got. Fairly cheap (<200), automatic, and keeps a pretty accurate time (although I do let it die a lot from not wearing it).

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos