AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Staff Content (08/04/14)

Posted by - 06:21 AM on 08/04/14
"But all that comes from this is another year."
Staff ReviewsCharlie Simpson - Long Road Home (Craig Manning)
Hook & Anchor - Hook & Anchor (Gregory Robson)
RX Bandits - Gemini, Her Majesty (Jake Jenkins)
Staff Articles"It's Not Just a Game" (Jason Tate)

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
10:36 AM on 08/04/14
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Bravo on that article, Jason.
10:51 AM on 08/04/14
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
indeed, good shit
11:53 AM on 08/04/14
icynova
Love is easier made than kept!
User Info.
There was a Real Friends interview somewhere?
01:47 PM on 08/04/14
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
There was a Real Friends interview somewhere?
it is linked in literally the first sentence of jason's blog post.
05:38 PM on 08/04/14
xapplexpiex
&.&
User Info.
Agreed, Jason. Good read.
06:19 PM on 08/04/14
buk182
User Info.
Jason doesn't give us the credit to be intellectual on here so he posts on blog, i support this lol. Pre-damage control, nice.
06:15 AM on 08/05/14
J.Dick
User Info.
While I don't always agree with Jason Tate I will say that this was a good read but I can't see any reason not to put it on AP. It isn't that controversial.
06:21 AM on 08/05/14
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Jason doesn't give us the credit to be intellectual on here so he posts on blog, i support this lol. Pre-damage control, nice.

While I don't always agree with Jason Tate I will say that this was a good read but I can't see any reason not to put it on AP. It isn't that controversial.

To be fair, we don't really have anywhere to post "articles" on AP. Short of sticking a news post, there's not really a good place to put that stuff. So it makes sense for Jason or anyone else to publish something on their blog, and then link it through an AP.net news post. That way, it doesn't get lost and buried so quickly.
07:26 AM on 08/05/14
J.Dick
User Info.
To be fair, we don't really have anywhere to post "articles" on AP. Short of sticking a news post, there's not really a good place to put that stuff. So it makes sense for Jason or anyone else to publish something on their blog, and then link it through an AP.net news post. That way, it doesn't get lost and buried so quickly.
I just hate to think that Real Friends comments have made Jason feel like he needs to censor himself. That band is so generic and bland (except for their Tweets apparently).

The opening paragraph of his blog post states "I thought about writing this on AP.net and realized I just simply didn’t want to deal with the chaos it would cause (so, I guess they win to some degree)". Fuck that.
07:38 AM on 08/05/14
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
I just hate to think that Real Friends comments have made Jason feel like he needs to censor himself. That band is so generic and bland (except for their Tweets apparently).

The opening paragraph of his blog post states "I thought about writing this on AP.net and realized I just simply didn’t want to deal with the chaos it would cause (so, I guess they win to some degree)". Fuck that.
I took that more as a statement that he didn't want to deal with the comments an AP.net news post would get, and after seeing how people around here reacted to Kelly's article about women on Warped Tour, I don't blame him. The comments for that thing made me lose faith in humanity a little bit.
07:52 AM on 08/05/14
J.Dick
User Info.
I took that more as a statement that he didn't want to deal with the comments an AP.net news post would get, and after seeing how people around here reacted to Kelly's article about women on Warped Tour, I don't blame him. The comments for that thing made me lose faith in humanity a little bit.
If that's what he meant then fine but that's not how I read it. I don't see how you can't read as him stating he is "shackled" and therefore can't do what he wants to which is post this on AP and it is directly a result of that interview. I don't want to quote the whole blog but:

"It leaves me in a place where I feel as though I can’t speak my mind about this band without the internet assuming I have a vendetta. Frankly that pisses me off. That interview paints me in such a corner that if I write any thoughts at all about a band (especially this one), their music, or the character of the band members — I will immediately have what I say dismissed by some as biased. And that’s bullshit."

He's right that it is bullshit but then doing what they want in order to avoid "chaos" is self censorship and I can't go for that.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos