AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Exclusive News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Exclusive: Living With Lions Song Premiere [Osker Cover]

Posted by - 07:30 AM on 08/06/14
Living With Lions is currently writing a new full-length record and to hold people over in the meantime the guys have recorded a cover song by Osker, one of their favourite bands. Head to the replies to hear the LWL version of "Disconnect Disconnect" originally off of Idle Will Kill and let us know what you think in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 26
07:30 AM on 08/06/14
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.

07:40 AM on 08/06/14
jorbjorb
User Info.
osker rules and this sounds huge
07:45 AM on 08/06/14
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
This cover rules and Chase sounds awesome, even better than he has in the past. Can't wait for a new LWL full-length.
08:18 AM on 08/06/14
brookssurrender
User Info.
Idle Will Kill is one of my favorite records of all time (hence the avatar), but for some reason this cover just didn't do it for me.
08:32 AM on 08/06/14
jpepe
User Info.
Ah mannnnnn I miss Osker!! Devin's later project Fingers Cut-Megamachine was also brilliant.
08:46 AM on 08/06/14
IamGroot
I am Groot
User Info.
I am groot
08:47 AM on 08/06/14
slickdtc
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Just got into these guys this year, what's the deal with the vocalist?

Sounds like this current vocalist did backup vocals on past songs. Always reminded me of one of the Blink 182 guys.

Kinda bummed. I always need a band to fill the void of that raspy lead vocalist. Rise Against doesn't do it like they used to and Polar Bear Club's frontman lost his old voice. I was banking on big things from LWL. I know it doesn't make the band but it makes a big impression.
09:00 AM on 08/06/14
stubbie25
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Sounds like this current vocalist did backup vocals on past songs. Always reminded me of one of the Blink 182 guys.

Kinda bummed. I always need a band to fill the void of that raspy lead vocalist. Rise Against doesn't do it like they used to and Polar Bear Club's frontman lost his old voice. I was banking on big things from LWL. I know it doesn't make the band but it makes a big impression.
Have you tried No Trigger??
09:06 AM on 08/06/14
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.

This statement should answer most of your questions:

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2874782

And there's so many other bands with raspy vocalists, haha. Just go to Punknews.org and look around. If you don't already listen to Off With Their Heads you should start doing that right now.
09:14 AM on 08/06/14
grapenoseboy
Mystical Beast
User Info.

yea if you haven't already, I'd recommend checking out no trigger, boys no good, iron chic, trophy eyes, or gnarwolves. They all play melodic punk with real raspy vocals, kinda like older LWL.
09:36 AM on 08/06/14
jorbjorb
User Info.

go listen to left over crack
10:03 AM on 08/06/14
slickdtc
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This statement should answer most of your questions:

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2874782

And there's so many other bands with raspy vocalists, haha. Just go to Punknews.org and look around. If you don't already listen to Off With Their Heads you should start doing that right now.

That did the trick. Thanks. Looking forward to more LWL tunes, without the shock of a different vocalist. I'm not scared to continue to follow bands even with new directions (intentionally or not, as is this case).

As for everyone else's recommendations, I will check them out. I've listened to a couple (Boys No Good, No Trigger). I guess it's not the raspy voice completely, but the whole sound fitting together. Which obviously LWL did it well for me.
10:18 AM on 08/06/14
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
That did the trick. Thanks. Looking forward to more LWL tunes, without the shock of a different vocalist. I'm not scared to continue to follow bands even with new directions (intentionally or not, as is this case).

As for everyone else's recommendations, I will check them out. I've listened to a couple (Boys No Good, No Trigger). I guess it's not the raspy voice completely, but the whole sound fitting together. Which obviously LWL did it well for me.

Yeah I get what you mean, LWL with Stu Ross on vocals was pretty much perfection. I said Holy Shit was the best record I heard during 2011 in my AbsolutePunk EOTY list and three years later I still feel the same way about it.
10:21 AM on 08/06/14
worldwideweiner
Live on the Sphincter net
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I saw these guys play Tempe, Arizona last summer and members of the band were puking and shitting everywhere. pure punk rock. it was amazing.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos