AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AbsolutePlaylist: "Searing Sirens and Solos"

Posted by - 06:57 AM on 08/08/14
Today, I'm proud to bring you the first AbsolutePlaylist member submission! Doxa Lu (Bobby) hails from Austin and has been an AP user since 2008. Today, he's bringing us a playlist that he describes as, "Energetic, fun and hip-shaking indie rock/synth with some awesome solos sprinkled throughout this set." Check out the playlist in Rdio and Spotify renditions in the replies. To submit your own playlist, check out our submission thread!

Displaying posts 1 - 8 of 8
06:57 AM on 08/08/14
Anthony Sorendino
Don't you dare ever give up...
User Info.
"AbsolutePlaylist: Searing Sirens and Solos"

Click here to listen on Spotify!

Direct Rdio link

A good part of these songs are fairly new releases that really caught my ear. They either contained a cool solo or amazing vocal work that really stayed with me. Sometimes both. As far as genre tags? Starts off with psych rock, to indie/dance rock and ends with a trip-hop song. Varies a bit but not too much. SXSW (2014) was the first event i attended this year. Using last.fm and twitter proved to be quite helpful when trying to see locals Ume or Glass Towers "from down under". Even when things didn't work out, i got lucky and discovered gems like Bearcubbin!' and The Moth & The Flame. Connecting with other music lovers through sites like 8tracks and tastebuds.fm i was able to get recommendations for artist like Bad Suns and Mozes & The Firstborn. Everything else on this list stems from my early music discoveries or living in a "soundcloud". It's really nice up there. :)

My name is Bobby, i tend to use doxa_lu or Ailurus(88) as an online moniker. I believe i joined this site back in '08. I still regularly check in to throw out some recommendations or read any interesting news threads. Check setlists from current tours and possibly discover new music. I spend way too much time on Spotify, SoundCloud and Tastebuds. I started off listening to bands/artist like At The Drive-In, Interpol, The Mars Volta, Lupe Fiasco, My Chemical Romance, and Yeah Yeah Yeahs. My current favorites are P.O.S, Bosnian Rainbows, Ume, Lavola, Interpol, Eyedea & Abilities, and We Are Scientists. I'll plug my tumblr page. It contains updates on this silent film fan music video project i'm doing. Along with 8track mixes, soundcloud and youtube post of french songs or anything that catches my fancy.

My soul is a hidden orchestra; I know not what instruments, what fiddlestrings and harps, drums and tamboura I sound and clash inside myself. All I hear is the symphony.” - Fernando Pessoa

http://doxadoxa.tumblr.com/ http://leavingparissaga.tumblr.com/

1. Megafauna - "Haunted Factory"
2. Ume - "Embrace"
3. LAVOLA - "Show Your Face Motherfucker"
4. Pup - "Lionheart"
5. Mozes and the Firstborn - "Seasons"
6. Darlia - "Choke On Bones"
7. Bombay Bicycle Club - "Overdone"
8. Closure in Moscow - "Seeds of Gold"
9. Years & Years] - "Real"
10. We Are Scientists - "Sprinkles"
11. Bad Suns - "Salt"
12. Glass Towers - "Tonight"
13. The Moth & The Flame - "Winsome"
14. Bearcubbin'! - "Down Buttermilk Road"
15. Astrea Corporation - "Frequency Lust"

Remember, if you want to submit your very own AbsolutePlaylist, head over to our user submission thread!

If you missed our staff mid-year lists, check it out here.
09:01 AM on 08/08/14
doxa_lu
protosteamcybercrust
User Info.
I'm from Austin :)
10:46 AM on 08/08/14
Anthony Sorendino
Don't you dare ever give up...
User Info.
Fixed! I think it said Houston in your profile.
11:16 AM on 08/08/14
doxa_lu
protosteamcybercrust
User Info.
Fixed! I think it said Houston in your profile.
Oh ha ha. I'll change that.
02:18 PM on 08/08/14
luckisoverrated
So is breakfast food.
User Info.
PUP!
03:20 PM on 08/08/14
Chocobo
Please listen to uchuu konbini.
User Info.
Bombay Bicycle Club!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE